Hello There, Guest! Register

TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD BOOOURNS!
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

05-14-2009, 07:55 AM

Shame that sawmill I think is the only custom on that list.

The double payload looks nice, thats how a double payload SHOULD be laid out

Nucleus looks to have some neat props that Im sure other map makers will use, other than that don't care much.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

05-14-2009, 10:20 AM

"I say this to you with the unvarnished factualism of plain talk: I love Arena Mode."
    -Abraham Lincoln, Second Inaugural Address, 1865

See even lincoln likes arena

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
backfire
Uninstalling

05-14-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:Karrde link=topic=2859.msg82438#msg82438 date=1242264873]
More Arena for REAL MEN like Former President Abraham Lincoln.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
Aerox

05-14-2009, 04:13 PM

The Razorback is sex.
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

05-14-2009, 04:16 PM

i dont know what to think of this new shield.

Trace
Killing anything that twitches

05-14-2009, 04:19 PM

Oh god please let me have the shield and the kukri out at the same time  ;D
fyre
BRB, Posting

05-14-2009, 04:23 PM

I don't understand it. Is it only good against backstabs? And is it going to be visible when you are using it?
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

05-14-2009, 04:24 PM

Ok -now- Snipers can have one big circle jerk, because as far as I can tell the Razorback takes one of the Snipers counters (Spy, duh) and kicks it in the fucking teeth. You are supposed to die as Sniper to Spies, unless your constantly spy checking but even then you can't be out of scope forever or your not Sniping.

Natasha was bearable because even then, sneaking up on a Heavy with it and dodging decently as Scout won that fight and the gun cripples them against Sasha Heavies, making it an Ok Scout counter but not a replacement for good aim. This is just insulting, especially because I bet it replaces the SMG and not the Kukri, so every Sniper will wear it because who uses the SMG when you can flail about and pray for a crit.

Wow I am bitter today.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

Dave

05-14-2009, 04:25 PM

(05-14-2009, 04:24 PM)Honest link Wrote: Ok -now- Snipers can have one big circle jerk, because as far as I can tell the Razorback takes one of the Snipers counters (Spy, duh) and kicks it in the fucking teeth. You are supposed to die as Sniper to Spies, unless your constantly spy checking but even then you can't be out of scope forever or your not Sniping.

Natasha was bearable because even then, sneaking up on a Heavy with it and dodging decently as Scout won that fight and the gun cripples them against Sasha Heavies, making it an Ok Scout counter but not a replacement for good aim. This is just insulting, especially because I bet it replaces the SMG and not the Kukri, so every Sniper will wear it because who uses the SMG when you can flail about and pray for a crit.

Wow I am bitter today.

welcome to my world

Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

05-14-2009, 04:26 PM

(05-14-2009, 04:25 PM)Dave link Wrote: [quote author=Honest link=topic=2859.msg82650#msg82650 date=1242336274]
Ok -now- Snipers can have one big circle jerk, because as far as I can tell the Razorback takes one of the Snipers counters (Spy, duh) and kicks it in the fucking teeth. You are supposed to die as Sniper to Spies, unless your constantly spy checking but even then you can't be out of scope forever or your not Sniping.

Wow I am bitter today.

welcome to my world
[/quote]

The hate feels refreshing.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

05-14-2009, 04:28 PM

(05-14-2009, 04:24 PM)Honest link Wrote: Ok -now- Snipers can have one big circle jerk, because as far as I can tell the Razorback takes one of the Snipers counters (Spy, duh) and kicks it in the fucking teeth. You are supposed to die as Sniper to Spies, unless your constantly spy checking but even then you can't be out of scope forever or your not Sniping.

Wow I am bitter today.

Sounds like it slows you down as well. Revolver is where it's at anyways.

[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

05-14-2009, 04:28 PM

Eh, this actually looks like an OK unlockable.  Kinda an anti-fail spy device.  I can't see pros using it though.  TBH if a sniper is using it, just revolver him.

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
Dave

05-14-2009, 04:31 PM

sniper class doesnt sound as pussy anymore

i would gladly play with bow sword and shield

shit it looks like my new fav class, you cant even bitch at me for being fast, ima just spartan your ass.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

05-14-2009, 04:38 PM

This was a surprising idea. Can't see myself using it all the time unless I'm getting stabbed to hell constantly like on Mach 4, but it's alright.  Pretty useful, though it's not like it makes spy's useless.  Just means spys have to revolver snipers down which is pretty easy to do if they don' t know they are there and even if they fail with the stab, they can still escape and the Sniper is down a weapon with no SMG to chase the spy.

Wonder what the third item will be?  A spear?  Boomerang?  A little Kangaroo with boxing gloves that chases people down?

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
backfire
Uninstalling

05-14-2009, 04:40 PM

So let me get this straight. It's an unlock for the Sniper's secondary weapon that protects him from a specific weapon from a certain class one single time.

As useful as bonk?

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
Scary Womanizing Pig Mask
Fierce Pork Trooper

05-14-2009, 04:40 PM

(05-14-2009, 04:38 PM)Maxon link Wrote: This was a surprising idea. Can't see myself using it all the time unless I'm getting stabbed to hell constantly like on Mach 4, but it's alright.  Pretty useful, though it's not like it makes spy's useless.  Just means spys have to revolver snipers down which is pretty easy to do if they don' t know they are there and even if they fail with the stab, they can still escape and the Sniper is down a weapon with no SMG to chase the spy.

Wonder what the third item will be?  A spear?  Boomerang?  A little Kangaroo with boxing gloves that chases people down?

[Image: Didjeridu.jpg]

Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

05-14-2009, 04:48 PM

(05-14-2009, 04:38 PM)Maxon link Wrote: This was a surprising idea. Can't see myself using it all the time unless I'm getting stabbed to hell constantly like on Mach 4, but it's alright.  Pretty useful, though it's not like it makes spy's useless.  Just means spys have to revolver snipers down which is pretty easy to do if they don' t know they are there and even if they fail with the stab, they can still escape and the Sniper is down a weapon with no SMG to chase the spy.

a Didjeridu that calls kangoroos with boxing gloves and boomerangs on their bags

cannedpeahes
Fan of Vampire Romance literature

05-14-2009, 04:49 PM

(05-13-2009, 05:24 PM)Vongore link Wrote: PAyload RAAACEEEEE

Wacky Races 2.0.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

05-14-2009, 04:57 PM

(05-14-2009, 04:40 PM)backfire link Wrote: So let me get this straight. It's an unlock for the Sniper's secondary weapon that protects him from a specific weapon from a certain class one single time.

As useful as bonk?

Well since bonk really isn't that useful, it's above that, since all it takes is a spy to stab the thing and then he can't stab anymore till the shock wears off.  Can keep a spy from going for a backstab rush sometimes.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

05-14-2009, 05:03 PM

(05-14-2009, 04:57 PM)Maxon link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=2859.msg82665#msg82665 date=1242337213]
So let me get this straight. It's an unlock for the Sniper's secondary weapon that protects him from a specific weapon from a certain class one single time.

As useful as bonk?

Well since bonk really isn't that useful, it's above that, since all it takes is a spy to stab the thing and then he can't stab anymore till the shock wears off.  Can keep a spy from going for a backstab rush sometimes.
[/quote]

Bonk is useful, no one wants to bother to coordinate with it so it is deemed useless. This, as backfire says, is stupid because it literally targets the Snipers major counter for fun times and cake. People speculate it might be sappable, which is the only good thing about this because it will alert the Sniper but still give the spy time to stab depending on who's faster. On the other hand, the down sides they've mentioned (Losing SMG, slower movement speed) are stupid. How much do snipers actually move, and truthfully how many snipers use the SMG? 80% flail and cry with the kukri praying for crits, 15% SMG, and 5% can actually quickscope you at point blank to make you look silly.

Hate it, rage, etc, sniper circlejerk go.