Hello There, Guest! Register

The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread
rilnac
ACEN Papparazzi

09-27-2010, 07:18 AM

the server appears to be down.... for serious this time!
Stein
BRB, Posting

09-27-2010, 07:26 AM

(09-27-2010, 07:18 AM)rilnac link Wrote: the server appears to be down.... for serious this time!
Sad

Writing essays in english today anyway.

I just swallowed a gulp of water and it sounded exactly like someone jumping into the water in Minecraft.  I had to share it :p.

[Image: steinwantsitdone.png]
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

09-27-2010, 10:11 AM

Nice work on that forest, rilnac. It's large enough to attract a merry band of outlaws.

Server seems fine for me?

Also Didzo that is kind of the motherlode cave.

Thanks to these runes, I've moved into who knows where for now. They make moving around so much easier...
DragonEkarus
BRB, Posting

09-27-2010, 11:02 AM

Once more, you people are probably going to hate me for this, but we need to restart the server whem Biomes come out. However, I've actualy got logical reasons this time.

First off, Central crashes with ungodly certienty. To the best of my knoledge this is because we mined the living shit out of the area UNDER central. (Meaning that there's a ton of empty space under the spawn which is why turning your render distance down reduces the chance of crashing.)

Second, When Biomes do come out, it's a ten minute walk in most directions to 'undiscovered' land. Dispite efforts to conserve undiscovered land, we've searched more than four times the length of Celio away from the spawn.

Third, we've gathered the good resources (I for one am part of the problem.) It's a long, long trip before you can find any decent things now. New players will have to rely on the kindess of the other people in the server for diamond gear. (And we all know we're not gonna pass out gear to every sap that comes into the server after item duplication bugs are fixed.)

Fourth, the rush to grab up whatever land we can has caused some building issues. Farms runing into eachother, people tunneling into eachother's "Secret" rooms, people dropping into a lava fall thinking they can just start mineing obsidian and really they're destroying someone's decorations. We need to work a bit better with the land boundries.

I don't know if this will get though to anyone, but when Biomes do get out we should definately consider it at the absolute least.

[Image: tumblr_lqbldlY8UP1qcdsqoo1_500.gif]
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

09-27-2010, 11:10 AM

agree

Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

09-27-2010, 12:03 PM

I was under the impression that central crashed like that because someone built a mine cart and it's buried under there somewhere.

BS1
Lurker

09-27-2010, 12:34 PM

If we restart the server and lose our progress I will probably just stop playing or find a different server to play on.

(09-27-2010, 11:02 AM)Ekarus Ryndren link Wrote: Once more, you people are probably going to hate me for this, but we need to restart the server whem Biomes come out. However, I've actualy got logical reasons this time.

First off, Central crashes with ungodly certienty. To the best of my knoledge this is because we mined the living shit out of the area UNDER central. (Meaning that there's a ton of empty space under the spawn which is why turning your render distance down reduces the chance of crashing.)

Second, When Biomes do come out, it's a ten minute walk in most directions to 'undiscovered' land. Dispite efforts to conserve undiscovered land, we've searched more than four times the length of Celio away from the spawn.

Third, we've gathered the good resources (I for one am part of the problem.) It's a long, long trip before you can find any decent things now. New players will have to rely on the kindess of the other people in the server for diamond gear. (And we all know we're not gonna pass out gear to every sap that comes into the server after item duplication bugs are fixed.)

Fourth, the rush to grab up whatever land we can has caused some building issues. Farms runing into eachother, people tunneling into eachother's "Secret" rooms, people dropping into a lava fall thinking they can just start mineing obsidian and really they're destroying someone's decorations. We need to work a bit better with the land boundries.

I don't know if this will get though to anyone, but when Biomes do get out we should definately consider it at the absolute least.
What, so you're going to want to restart the server every time we have a city built up and you're going to have to *gasp* walk a couple minutes?!? There are plenty islands around the one the main city is currently built on. These islands have a ton of resources left in them. These only take a couple minutes to walk to. This will be even shorter once carts work.
backfire
Uninstalling

09-27-2010, 01:29 PM

(09-27-2010, 11:02 AM)Ekarus Ryndren link Wrote: Stuff dragon said...

I actually agree now at this point. Before it wasn't that far until you'd reach the edge of what we explored, but now that we have those rune teleporters, it really encouraged people to go out farther since they could return quickly anyways. It may just be best when it comes out to just reset the server so we all have a fresh start on new land.

(09-27-2010, 12:03 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: I was under the impression that central crashed like that because someone built a mine cart and it's buried under there somewhere
umm... [Image: worried.gif]

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
DragonEkarus
BRB, Posting

09-27-2010, 02:16 PM

(09-27-2010, 12:03 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: I was under the impression that central crashed like that because someone built a mine cart and it's buried under there somewhere.

I accidental dug it up awhile ago and destroyed it, like for real.

(Kaboom Big Grin)

[Image: tumblr_lqbldlY8UP1qcdsqoo1_500.gif]
Versus

09-27-2010, 03:03 PM

itt minecraft drama

Stein
BRB, Posting

09-27-2010, 03:05 PM

Someone post up screenshots of the teleporter waypoints please!

[Image: steinwantsitdone.png]
beep beep diglett
Uninstalling

09-27-2010, 03:07 PM

and now for counterpoints

1 - map editor, move spawn to new location.
2 - not seeing the problem here. sail to some faraway place then link it with a waypoint.
3 - again, sail away and search there.
4 - this happened even in creative, nothing can stop it. deal w/ it, sorry :/

and if we do restart, this will all happen again, and we will constantly restart and no one will ever build anything because itll be gone in a month. i really like runecraft because it lets you go faaaar away and still be connected, so really it's just a travel time thing. also, everyone is building in the same spots. there's literal tonnes of wilderness you can build on, build on it
Didzo
Uninstalling

09-27-2010, 03:26 PM

Just because you people can't find a good mine to save your life is your issue and not a reason to restart the server.

I had almost a full stack of diamond after a single mining trip yesterday, and my entry point was under a minute boat travel away from Cielo.

Plenty of resources, rare and otherwise everywhere. And besides, walking for 5 minutes into new lands is part of the fun, is it not?

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
beep beep diglett
Uninstalling

09-27-2010, 03:30 PM

since people missed it, here it is again

OFFICIAL RUNECRAFT THREAD

has all the runes and info you need
rilnac
ACEN Papparazzi

09-27-2010, 04:52 PM

And it is all on fire!

Thx guiz

(09-27-2010, 04:17 AM)rilnac link Wrote: [Image: treesoj.jpg]
Versus

09-27-2010, 05:09 PM

minecraft stopped working :'(

i click log in, "done loading" flashes for a second, then the window just stays black. redownloading and restarting my computer hasn't helped. doesn't work in-browser either.

rilnac
ACEN Papparazzi

09-27-2010, 06:14 PM

[Image: fire1o.jpg]
[Image: fire2w.jpg]
[Image: fire3t.jpg]
[Image: fire4n.jpg]
[Image: fire5.jpg]
[Image: fire6.jpg]
[Image: fire7.jpg]
Versus

09-27-2010, 06:18 PM

wooooooooooow

rilnac
ACEN Papparazzi

09-27-2010, 06:33 PM

(09-27-2010, 06:18 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: wooooooooooow

yeah...

the fire actually goes well beyond draw distance so it is impossible to see it all at once
Metal_Vixxen
Lurker

09-27-2010, 06:35 PM

yeah minecraft.net is down again and i can't connect..... enough time to get some stuff out there
first the reset.... i'm against resetting for any other reason than that there is no space left to build in and that in SMP is not ever going to be any problem. i used to play on WoM and they freaking reset their stuff on almost a monthly basis..... made it pretty pointless to build big projects. yes, there was a museum which you could use to revisit previous maps, but in the end it sucked the fun out of it (at least for me).

second runecraft.... very enjoyable. it definately needs some tweaks here and there, but it's a great mod and stationary teleports as well as personal ports are nothing short of awesome. don't want to get too much into this, so all i'm gonna say is tweak chrono trigger.

third the fire... so it was an accident.... fair enough, but i'm very certain this could have been averted. especially when it comes to other people's builds there should be a certain level of care towards not harming it. as far as i can see, that was not given (i wasn't there, so i'll just let the witnesses decide if i'm right about that). i sure hope that above all else everyone has the kindness to help rilnac fix the damage that was caused..... that should be everyone's foremost priority right now, because the amount of effort needed to repair the damges is immense and there's no way just 2 or 3 will pull this off within less than a week....

i realize that i am just a guest on here, so i don't want to push it too far.... thanks for having me btw

[Image: szitcx.jpg]

[Image: catbutterfly.gif][Image: sig.php?player_id=61058&background=random]
[Image: smileys4.gif] Neehehehehehe