Hello There, Guest! Register

The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

05-24-2012, 05:58 PM

(05-17-2012, 02:51 AM)Didzo link Wrote: This server really bums me out sometimes. Among other things, there are too many dicks, myself included.

Makes me not want to play.

What else is incredible is that p much nothing has changed about the server, same shit different day. Every day.

Problem will be solved when people can join my single player game. No noobs, no plebs, no bitches.

A snide remark on my part, but I agree with you, Didzo. /elitism deal with it nerds

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2012, 09:30 PM by Dr. Zaius.)
Didzo
Uninstalling

05-24-2012, 06:10 PM

(05-24-2012, 05:58 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: [quote author=Didzo link=topic=5010.msg245400#msg245400 date=1337241117]
This server really bums me out sometimes. Among other things, there are too many dicks, myself included.

Makes me not want to play.

What else is incredible is that p much nothing has changed about the server, same shit different day. Every day.

Problem will be solved when people can join my single player game. No noobs, no plebs, no bitches.

A snide remark on my part, but I agree with you, Didzo.
[/quote]

All that really changes is the number of long time players alienated. Let me know when you get a server set up, if you get one set up.

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

05-28-2012, 01:27 AM

For those of you that would like to play on the most current Snapshots of Vanilla Minecraft I've set up a second server. The address is mc.brbuninstalling.com:25571

It's an "invitation from me server" if the people don't read the forums so no shitty people will know the port.

It's only a 5 person server and is completely vanilla.

The current snapshot is http://www.mojang.com/2012/05/minecraft-...ot-12w21b/

If I've forgotten to update it to the newest snapshot either message me on twitter @VeraLapsa(fastest) or email me at fayebickerton@gmail.com

If people want creative I'll have to get on to give you it.

Woo hoo ACEN here I come.
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

05-29-2012, 10:35 PM

(05-28-2012, 01:27 AM)VeraLapsa link Wrote: For those of you that would like to play on the most current Snapshots of Vanilla Minecraft I've set up a second server. The address is mc.brbuninstalling.com:25571

It's an "invitation from me server" if the people don't read the forums so no shitty people will know the port.

The current snapshot is http://www.mojang.com/2012/05/minecraft-...ot-12w21b/

If I've forgotten to update it to the newest snapshot either message me on twitter @VeraLapsa(fastest) or email me at fayebickerton@gmail.com

If people want creative I'll have to get on to give you it.

Will try to check this out if I get time aside from Tera.

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

06-14-2012, 04:02 AM

(05-29-2012, 10:35 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: [quote author=VeraLapsa link=topic=5010.msg246262#msg246262 date=1338186440]
For those of you that would like to play on the most current Snapshots of Vanilla Minecraft I've set up a second server.

Will try to check this out if I get time aside from Tera.
[/quote]

So I was on for a bit tonight, but one thing I noticed is that there are way too many wolves spawned and I saw enemy mobs all of 3 times. Can you check the config or w/e to make sure the settings are right? Like if it's normal difficulty, regular spawns.. I really only want to continue playing on the snapshot server if there's a point to survival.

otherwise it was a good time. found a couple villages and plains biome.

Didzo
Uninstalling

06-15-2012, 03:24 PM

[Image: tumblr_m5hc403abN1rssu9ho1_1280.jpg]

Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

06-15-2012, 04:47 PM

does it explode into sugary goodness?

HeK
Rotartsinimda

06-15-2012, 07:02 PM

I'm Canada, creepers are caffeine free.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

06-15-2012, 07:27 PM

(06-15-2012, 07:02 PM)HeK link Wrote: I'm Canada, creepers are caffeine free.

Well, nice to meet you, Canada
HeK
Rotartsinimda

06-15-2012, 07:32 PM

(06-15-2012, 07:02 PM)HeK link Wrote: I'm Canada, creepers are caffeine free.

Fucking autocorrect... and tiny keyboards.
Didzo
Uninstalling

06-18-2012, 09:48 PM

So, why exactly is this server still associated with BRB.U?

I think it's rather embarrassing to have the two related.

at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

06-18-2012, 10:46 PM

(06-18-2012, 09:48 PM)Didzo link Wrote: So, why exactly is this server still associated with BRB.U?

Because demon's a member of BRBu and he chooses to share his shit with us? Also, embarassing for whom? There's very little overlap between the two, and those that do seem pretty cool (Azure, you, me, zaius, etc)

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Didzo
Uninstalling

06-19-2012, 12:07 AM

(06-18-2012, 10:46 PM)at0m link Wrote: [quote author=Didzo link=topic=5010.msg247693#msg247693 date=1340074132]

Because demon's a member of BRBu and he chooses to share his shit with us? Also, embarrassing for whom? There's very little overlap between the two, and those that do seem pretty cool (Azure, you, me, zaius, etc)
[/quote]

Demon isn't very involved in the server other than paying for it, and there have been serious issues with the administration/managing of the server since Vera has stepped back. Maybe I'm just bitter or have expectations that are too particular and too high, but I find it all increasingly disappointing. It's nice of Demon to have the server open for us, but I don't believe it should have the BRBU name on it since it doesn't match the way the rest of BRBU in terms of community and the way things are managed. I would never get the desire to join the forums from playing on the minecraft server.

The overlap is currently extremely limited and it keeps shrinking, and I don't think that's a coincidence. Also, aside from Azure (I wasn't going to invite some one-post-wonder to BRBU), the overlap is all old BRBU members who haven't quit the server yet.

Azure_Angel
Lurker

06-19-2012, 01:02 AM

(06-19-2012, 12:07 AM)Didzo link Wrote: [quote author=at0m link=topic=5010.msg247698#msg247698 date=1340077566]
[quote author=Didzo link=topic=5010.msg247693#msg247693 date=1340074132]

Because demon's a member of BRBu and he chooses to share his shit with us? Also, embarrassing for whom? There's very little overlap between the two, and those that do seem pretty cool (Azure, you, me, zaius, etc)
[/quote]

Demon isn't very involved in the server other than paying for it, and there have been serious issues with the administration/managing of the server since Vera has stepped back. Maybe I'm just bitter or have expectations that are too particular and too high, but I find it all increasingly disappointing. It's nice of Demon to have the server open for us, but I don't believe it should have the BRBU name on it since it doesn't match the way the rest of BRBU in terms of community and the way things are managed. I would never get the desire to join the forums from playing on the minecraft server.

The overlap is currently extremely limited and it keeps shrinking, and I don't think that's a coincidence. Also, aside from Azure (I wasn't going to invite some one-post-wonder to BRBU), the overlap is all old BRBU members who haven't quit the server yet.
[/quote]

Well maybe since I'm an admin now. I can make it more BRBu friendly.

[Image: tumblr_leg7vzNCYq1qe0eclo1_r4_500.gif][Image: I7jRGM7.gif]
Quote:I vote that we always type in different colors now.
Didzo
Uninstalling

06-19-2012, 01:41 AM

(06-19-2012, 01:02 AM)Azure_Angel link Wrote: [quote author=Didzo link=topic=5010.msg247704#msg247704 date=1340082440]
[quote author=at0m link=topic=5010.msg247698#msg247698 date=1340077566]
[quote author=Didzo link=topic=5010.msg247693#msg247693 date=1340074132]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well maybe since I'm an admin now. I can make it more BRBu friendly.
[/quote]

You're one admin among a couple and you have restricted access to what commands you can use. So while you do have additional power now (congrats, you can turn off the lag-inducing rain again! just like mods did before their abilities were severely cropped!), I have my reservations as far as whether you can change any of the issues, underlying or obvious.

The circumstances under which you were given the title just show that none of the concerns expressed were actually understood, and that worries me.

backfire
Uninstalling

06-19-2012, 08:58 AM

Really kinda feels a separation would make sense. I know the server has quite a few players on it, but only a small handful ever post on the forums or are otherwise associated with the community. I think demonspork has his other community or otherwise that he was pulling in members from, and if more people from there are playing on it than BRBu, why not just associate the server with that?

Though on the other hand, unassociating the server with BRBu means we don't get to pick on all the one-post-wonders anymore, so I dunno. :-\

That said, I only check here every now and again when I remember that I was the one who actually made this god-forsaken thread.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
heavyrocker1989
Lurker

06-19-2012, 11:05 AM

Azure has been op'd and most of us are gone now, after reading a lot of shit that you guys said last night we're done. you want it, you can have it, you can have it all. Demonspork is canceling it. you have a few weeks to get the files off of it and that should be enough time for you guys to find it a new home.

We did our best to learn the server and keep it updated as well as try to make everyone happy. You are simply upset because we started making rules and things that you did not like because it limited you. Like "don't blow tnt up next to the spawn area" which you guys did anyways, so we just got rid of the tnt damage.

My advice is to beg vera to help out, however i don't think she will to the extent that she did the first time. She knows what it takes to run the server and how to configure all of that jazz.

We will be asking a select few to join us on our new server. it will be a creative map and then a survival map, i also will be updating the hogwarts server i have and adding that map as soon as we get version 3 done.

i'll still do my best to talk on mumble, play tf2 with you  guys, and league of legends. As far as minecraft goes, we are washing our hands from this. it was a good time, we had a lot of fun and learned a lot, frankly now though... we're simply tired of trying to make everyone happy. So we're doing this instead.

[Image: harrypottertwilightgif.gif]
backfire
Uninstalling

06-19-2012, 12:24 PM

That also works.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
Azure_Angel
Lurker

06-19-2012, 01:51 PM

:-\

[Image: tumblr_leg7vzNCYq1qe0eclo1_r4_500.gif][Image: I7jRGM7.gif]
Quote:I vote that we always type in different colors now.
heavyrocker1989
Lurker

06-19-2012, 02:39 PM

I apologize if my abrupt nature seems hostile, but that was not my intention. I was simply trying to say that i was tired of listening to constant complaints of unhappiness about how the server is being ran when we were trying to make it so everyone was happy. Hopefully now things can kinda go on their own way and we can all be happier with our minecrafting experience. I very much enjoy the rest of my experience with the community and will continue to stay on IRC and play TF2 with you guys.

[Image: harrypottertwilightgif.gif]