Hello There, Guest! Register

Rotation Shake-Up
TOH
BRB, Posting

01-19-2011, 07:17 PM

My comments in bold.

(01-19-2011, 11:06 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: Here's a potential list of changes, please comment on them:

Red:
- Removal of Random Crits - Not a fan.
- Stocks at back of nomination list - Definitely for it. I like getting to play non-stock maps more often, so maybe this will lower of the trend of people nominating a stock map, saying over the mic for everyone to vote for it (which almost always works)
- Stocks removed from nomination list - Nah, as others have said, it's still good to have stocks to try to fill the server when you need to.
- Removal of random pellet spread - I'd rather keep it.
- RTV "Last maps" limit increased from current to 6 (You can not rtv to the previous 6 maps played) - Sounds good.

Maps:
pl_badwater - Favorite stock map, certainly stays.
cp_indulge - Yeah, keep.
pl_frontier (Re-added) - Really like this map, I'm cool with the add.
cp_gorge - Yeah.
pl_boundary_rc3 (New!) - Do it do it do it
cp_roswell - that ends well
ctf_haarp_test7 (update from beta 2) - I really wasn't a fan of the update during TFT. Seems way too easy to attack now. I tend to like defensive CTF maps and the challenge they bring, so I'd rather keep the haarp we've had on rotation now.
pl_cashworks_rc2 -Always fun.
cp_gravelpit - It's a mainstay.
ctf_snowdrift_b3 - Best CTF map, has to stay.
pl_upward - Yes.
pl_waste_final - I don't care much for it, but we don't have much in the way of Tug-o-War Payload, so I guess it stays.
ctf_landfall_rc - I'm indifferent on it.
plr_hightower - Favorite PLR map, also keep.

I wanted to significantly trim down the rotation while adding a few new things and keeping things unique so each map represents a different gametype. This rotation is also very CP and PL heavy. I would also consider swapping out badwater or gravelpit for their backwards versions.

As far as removals go, my only objection is for Stark. I'd rather see that stay, I've played some really fun games there.

K2
BRB, Posting

01-20-2011, 01:32 AM

Remove random crits - Yes
Remove stocks from nomination - No
Remove random pellet spread - Sure
Increase "last maps" limit - Sure
Remove non-stocks from Blue nomination - I think that's going a little too far. Maybe trim it down to stocks and some of the more well-known customs.

Rotations look fine, though I'd like to see well, granary, or badlands added to Red.
[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

01-20-2011, 03:24 PM

Also:

(01-19-2011, 11:06 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: Please REPLY to this post, I want your opinion on how to keep things fun and interesting

Red:
- Removal of Random Crits - I like this, but I wonder what it'll do to the overall server population.
- Stocks at back of nomination list - ok
- Stocks removed from nomination list - no, needed for seeding
- Removal of random pellet spread - I'm good with this.
- RTV "Last maps" limit increased from current to 6 (You can not rtv to the previous 6 maps played) - I'd say 4

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
Neptune
Lurker

01-20-2011, 06:26 PM

(01-19-2011, 11:06 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: Red's Rotation:
Server #1:

pl_badwater - good map
cp_coldfront - decent map, but one I tend to screw around on because I don't care.
ctf_mach4 - I HATE CTF.  KILL IT DEAD
pl_thundermountain - Haven't played it enough.  Keep it, I guess.
cp_indulge - I hate indulge.  Dunno why.
cp_gorge - good map
plr_panic_b2 - amusing, but no
cp_roswell - Kill it with fire.
ctf_haarp_b2 - Love my haarp.  I dunno about the new version, but I'll get used to it.
cp_steel - Good map.  Bought a stamp for it.
pl_switftwater_frc4 - Can't remember this one.
cp_mountainlab - Can't remember...
cp_stark_b2 - I think I remember playing on Stark.  It should stay.
cp_glacier_rc5 - If this is the one I'm thinking of, then it needs to go.
cp_dustbowl - I loves me some dustbowl.  I don't care what you think.
pl_cashworks_rc2 - Good map
ctf_snowdrift_b3 - Great map
cp_gravelpit - Awful map.  I fucking hate gravelpit
cp_vector_v1 decent
pl_upward - bad map
cp_warpath2 - Should only be played on FNF
pl_waste_final - don't remember
pl_goldrush - good map
cp_gullywash_rc10 - don't remember
ctf_landfall_rc - don't remember
plr_hightower - plr is a bad format

Blue's Rotation:

cp_dustbowl
pl_badwater
cp_gorge
pl_upward
cp_well
pl_goldrush

List looks good

Here's a potential list of changes, please comment on them:

Red:
- Removal of Random Crits - If you don't announce it, pubbers will never notice.  Then everyone is happy.
- Stocks at back of nomination list - Should be alphabetical
- Stocks removed from nomination list - NO
- Removal of random pellet spread - I would like to see this effect.  I might suddenly get a lot better
- RTV "Last maps" limit increased from current to 6 (You can not rtv to the previous 6 maps played) - Sounds good

Maps:
pl_badwater
cp_indulge
pl_frontier (Re-added)
cp_gorge
pl_boundary_rc3 (New!)
cp_roswell
ctf_haarp_test7 (update from beta 2)
pl_cashworks_rc2
cp_gravelpit
ctf_snowdrift_b3
pl_upward
pl_waste_final
ctf_landfall_rc
plr_hightower

I'd take out roswell and the last four maps.  Add Dustbowl and maybe something else.  Maybe Steamroll for shits and giggles.

I wanted to significantly trim down the rotation while adding a few new things and keeping things unique so each map represents a different gametype. This rotation is also very CP and PL heavy. I would also consider swapping out badwater or gravelpit for their backwards versions. - Maybe use backwards maps "in addition to", not "instead of".

Blue:
- Removal of RTV, or removal of all non-stock maps from RTV, last night an errant RTV fucked something up in Sourcemod, causing the server to go to pac-man and kill the game there. - If it's a stock -only server, what are customs doing on RTV, anyway?

cp_dustbowl
pl_badwater
cp_gorge
pl_upward
cp_badlands (New)
pl_goldrush
plr_hightower (New)
EarthlingJohn
BRB, Posting

01-20-2011, 06:36 PM

Theres this thing at the ROFL server, when they rtv or votemap, unless a map wins with a vote of more than 50%, it goes into the 2 highest voted maps to be voted upon. I think something like this should be implemented, that way we get more players to stay. (sometimes a map wins by like.. 25%, and people leave)

+If you can read this, you aren't checking your back+
Live-Free-Or-Pie
2 Beers Is All I Need

01-20-2011, 07:43 PM

My thoughts:

- KEEP THE CRITS on both servers, the game was designed for random crits and random crits break stalemates, random crits increase chaos, chaos is fun (except for hats)
- Keep RTV on both servers
- Extend last map RTVs to 6
- End the practice of stopping maps mid-round to switch one the overall map timer runs.
- Put stocks at the end of nominate list

- Add koth_moonshine to Red rotation (One of my fave KOTHs, Map needs more wuvs, Red needs more KOTH)
- Add koth_viaduct (attract the nubs)
- Add koth_nucleus (also attracts nubs)
- Add ctf_doublecross to Red rotation
- Add cp_egypt to Red rotation (fills the server)
- Add 5cp_gorge to Red rotation
- Add cp_labor to Red rotation

- Remove cp_warpath from all rotations
- Remove cp_gravelpit
- Remove ctf_landfall (60% of the time, kills server every time)
Geoff
Real World Azn

01-20-2011, 07:50 PM

gpit owns never remove it

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
TOH
BRB, Posting

01-20-2011, 10:18 PM

(01-20-2011, 07:43 PM)Live-Free-Or-Pie link Wrote: My thoughts:

- KEEP THE CRITS on both servers, the game was designed for random crits and random crits break stalemates, random crits increase chaos, chaos is fun (except for hats)
- End the practice of stopping maps mid-round to switch one the overall map timer runs.

Yeah, those are exactly my thoughts, especially the mid-round time limits stopping games. I've been in some great battles that get ruined over the time limit. If this needs to change so the maps change more frequently when empty to attract players, then maybe it could be made conditional based on the number of players already there? Like...if there's more than 8 or 10 or so, don't enforce the time limit stoppage?

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

01-20-2011, 11:08 PM

(01-20-2011, 10:18 PM)TOH link Wrote: [quote author=Live-Free-Or-Pie link=topic=5374.msg193026#msg193026 date=1295570598]
My thoughts:

Yeah, those are exactly my thoughts, especially the mid-round time limits stopping games. I've been in some great battles that get ruined over the time limit. If this needs to change so the maps change more frequently when empty to attract players, then maybe it could be made conditional based on the number of players already there? Like...if there's more than 8 or 10 or so, don't enforce the time limit stoppage?
[/quote]

Find me the cvar, I think its embedded into the map

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

01-21-2011, 07:57 AM

Hey if you remove crits and pellet spread, are you going to disable damage spread too?

I don't really care whether there are crits or not, really, but I just thought that you might as well take every random stuff off.

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

01-21-2011, 08:45 AM

I was under the assumption that damage spread was already off.

<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

01-21-2011, 08:47 AM

(01-21-2011, 07:57 AM)Benito link Wrote: Hey if you remove crits and pellet spread, are you going to disable damage spread too?

I don't really care whether there are crits or not, really, but I just thought that you might as well take every random stuff off.

Damage spread has been off for some time, I'm thinking crits will be staying but pellet spread might be fixed.

(01-20-2011, 06:36 PM)EarthlingJohn link Wrote: Theres this thing at the ROFL server, when they rtv or votemap, unless a map wins with a vote of more than 50%, it goes into the 2 highest voted maps to be voted upon. I think something like this should be implemented, that way we get more players to stay. (sometimes a map wins by like.. 25%, and people leave)

Can you dig up a link to the mod?

Sig by Joel
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

01-21-2011, 09:47 AM

red never needs koth ever

(01-20-2011, 07:50 PM)geoff link Wrote: gpit owns never remove it

LV15GAMER
Lurker

01-21-2011, 08:22 PM

would no random pellet spread make already deadly scoots more deadly?
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

01-21-2011, 09:32 PM

(01-21-2011, 08:22 PM)LV15GAMER link Wrote: would no random pellet spread make already deadly scoots more deadly?

50/50 I'd say, sometimes, even if you have the crosshair 50% over someone, the spread will all clump on one side and do full damage, other times it could  clump on the other and completely miss

Sig by Joel
[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

01-21-2011, 09:50 PM

Hopefully this will also fix the bullshit 18 dmg crit shots with the frontier justice.

backfire
Uninstalling

01-21-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:Karrde link=topic=5374.msg193204#msg193204 date=1295664650]
Hopefully this will also fix the bullshit 18 dmg crit shots with the frontier justice.

welcome to my life

every...

single..

day

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
liquid108
Lurker

01-21-2011, 11:30 PM

I think we should have the rotation be
koth viaduct
ctf 2fort
arena lumberyard
koth sawmill
ctf well
arena sawmill
cp dustbowl

One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards.
Grimthwacker
Lurker

01-21-2011, 11:48 PM

I don't see Lolcano anywhere on those lists.  :p

Really though, I wouldn't mind introducing or cycling in one or two of those "wacky" maps every week or so, just to spice things up , let off some steam, and maybe find a keeper.  Other than that no real complaints about the map choices.

Random crits?  Never been a real problem with me; if Valve didn't want 'em in the game, they wouldn't have put 'em in.  You already have weapons that deny random crits, and it's not like you really need to "level the playing field".

Pellet spread?  I say try it out for about a month and see whether or not people like it.  I'm a frequent Scout, so that seems like an interesting experiment.

[Image: rydiabathsigbig.jpg]
HeK
Rotartsinimda

01-21-2011, 11:49 PM

Can we rename the servers from Red and Blue to something slightly more descriptive, like Classic and 2 Turbo ?