Hello There, Guest! Register

Redstone discussion and requests.
demonspork
Lurker

03-03-2011, 11:10 AM

Make Video. Post on Youtube. Profit.

MINECRAFT RULES AND INFORMATION
Minecraft Server changing hosts. Do not donate to my NFOservers account because I am cancelling it after this pay period.
Voyevoda
N00b

03-03-2011, 03:56 PM

I'll make the video when I'm not coughing up bitsize chunks of phlegm every 30 seconds. Considering I'm feeling better today and gonna go back to a normal not-18-hours-of-sleep life tomorrow, hopefully I'll record it by the weekend. If not, I'll just OD on nasal+chest decongestants and see what happens when I wake up.

On the note of the SAM flushing, SAM 1/3 are already hooked up to one, by compensating the additional 2 ticks by removing 2 off the first bit in the sequence, absolutely no difference in bitlength was made and the one with the flusher is still synchronized with the ones without one. This is awesome news and I'm building the BUS+AND gates for it now. I'll make a "viewing tower" for those without fly hax too. With the glass sheath, it's now impossible to see in daylight and alright in night time. Texture mods that change glass to a better image will help a lot. Idk if I'll keep the sheath, it looks awesome but really cuts back on the view-ability.

Also, there seems to be a lot of corruption in the BUS that puts it to the board. Vertical torches like to be fags. When it rereads the memory, it auto-corrects (the problem doesn't "stack"), but after the first cycle and even sometimes ON the first cycle, there's misplaced ticks. May just be from lag and it would work perfectly in singleplayer, may be a bug with torches, not sure. The SAM is incredibly stable and never corrupts (or at least before I put the flushers in, I'll do more long term testing once they're done), so it's not a massive deal, but kind of disappointing. I can't work without the vertical torch BUS, so it's just something I have to deal with.

EDIT. All of the memory dumpers are done and wired with the master button to a control room. Anybody can now activate it if they wish. Travel to /home Voyevoda101, cross the bridge and travel left (dead south). After a hill or two, you'll run into it. The control room is easy to find.

RULES:
1. I highly recommend you move your mouse with your wrist. If you break something or accidentally change something, you will be fucked with a creeper dong. Every tenth of a second is accounted for and calibrated, I will not spend a half hour tracking down a mistake because you couldn't keep your fatty fingers above the buttons.

2. Keep the memdump system active until you're ready to activate the system. Please flush the memory when you're finished. Since it's an AND switch, the lever is in the ON position to allow it to run. Use the indicator light.

3. Please don't bug me about exactly how it works. When the youtube video is made, it will be explained in great detail.

EDIT2. The SAM corrupts pretty fast with the flushing system. Not sure what I'm going to do.

[Image: Space-scratch.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2011, 05:31 PM by Voyevoda.)
Kirby
Uninstalling

03-03-2011, 09:31 PM

I built a fugly tower to look at it on for those of us that don't have cheatz. =x

[Image: fastdlusage.png]

[Image: b_350_20_5A6C3E_383F2D_D2E1B5_2E3226.png]
[Image: b_350_20_FFAD41_E98100_000000_591F11.png]
[Image: b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png]

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]

[Image: amd.jpg]
[Image: radeon.jpg]
[Image: win7.jpg]
[Image: ubuntu.jpg]
[Image: xp.jpg]
[Image: chrome.jpg]
[Image: pyro.jpg]
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

03-04-2011, 02:45 PM

Just get the whole area locked down with permissions, instead of covering it in glass.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Voyevoda
N00b

03-04-2011, 05:43 PM

The memdump system will be disconnected and removed, however I will leave it there for the video this weekend for something extra to explain. Overall, it's done. When the video is done i should answer any questions you might have, like how to change text, etc. It will be a 100% complete explanation for how it functions. I already explained it to demon in full detail so I have some ideas as to how I'll explain it. Will write a script today and start jamming decongestants down my throat.

Also, still have a fever of 103. FML

heavyrocker1989
Lurker

03-04-2011, 05:56 PM

get to feeling better, then start working again man, no reason to strain yourself when your blood is about to boil

[Image: harrypottertwilightgif.gif]
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

03-04-2011, 07:03 PM

Make sure you water up, dude, the more water you drink the easier it is for all that shit to thin out and get out of your system. Don't push it just for minecraft, its not like its going anywhere Tongue

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Voyevoda
N00b

03-04-2011, 09:54 PM

Pff, way too much videogame to take care of first.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2011, 09:01 AM by Voyevoda.)
Voyevoda
N00b

03-05-2011, 07:32 AM

This is a big text of wall, but it's all easily understandable. Prepare your anus.

HEAVY work done by me+demon is resulting in a device that will:

1. Be half the size of the current injector system.
2. Be user friendly so well that I will allow anybody to go up to it WHILE SUPERVISED and make it say whatever they want (4 character limit, maybe 5. Not sure yet)
3. Adjustable cell writing with VERY little room for mistake because the interface will be doing most of the work for you.

Flushing the text will still be a pain in the ass like my old one due to the torch bug, which is why supervision will be necessary. On top of this, making it say whatever you want will be a bigger pain in the ass for you because you have to map out every pixel into the memory. However, I'm thinking about designing a station that will assist you in this. More on that later since that's more of a convenience thing.

This is the basic rundown of the device so far. LOOOOONG from finished, but it's conceptually done in my head. Obviously it's not full sized either. Currently its interface allows for writing 10 pixels into 4 rows, in DLM 20 bits long. The final version will allow for writing 20 pixels (or 25, every letter is 4 pixels long+1 spacer and 5 tall, not sure how many letters i want) into 5 rows and memory 35 or 40 bits long. 5 letters (40 bits of memory per row) will mean that the device actually handles 25 bytes of data :V

[Image: 72gn5x.png]

1) Input converter/power button: Converts a button press into units the device handles (1 second to 4 server ticks). Boots up the governor to allow writing into the memory.
2) Clocker: A clocker used as a write governor (designates when operations take place in a CPU. Here, it just makes sure it writes in the same place of every memory cell no matter which one you're editing, or how long it takes you to edit.)
2.5) Write button: When you're done mapping out the row, you press this button and wait for the indicator light to flash to verify the memory was written. Then you move to the next one.
3) Serial data converter: Converts the placed data into a form that can be written as memory.

[Image: faaphu.png]

This is the interface of the serial converter. The lines that are on the ground every other row is where you place torches to map out the row of pixels. It simply takes the parallel data you placed on the ground and converts it into timed sequences that the memory uses. Right now, the top row of the first two letters of BRBU is mapped out in the font I chose. (1110011100) (because you're editing the pixels manually, you can make the board write it in any font you want to)

[Image: 28l97xx.png]

This is the row chooser. You activate the lever for the memory cell that you want to write to. Obviously you do this beforehand. Will allow you to write multiple rows at once if they're the same string.

That's the device so far. Gonna get more sleep then work on it around lunch time.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2011, 09:10 AM by Voyevoda.)
Kirby
Uninstalling

03-05-2011, 10:32 AM

1st in with 'ery good cuss word happens to be 4 letters.

[Image: fastdlusage.png]

[Image: b_350_20_5A6C3E_383F2D_D2E1B5_2E3226.png]
[Image: b_350_20_FFAD41_E98100_000000_591F11.png]
[Image: b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png]

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]

[Image: amd.jpg]
[Image: radeon.jpg]
[Image: win7.jpg]
[Image: ubuntu.jpg]
[Image: xp.jpg]
[Image: chrome.jpg]
[Image: pyro.jpg]
demonspork
Lurker

03-05-2011, 11:51 AM

It can be easily extended to more letters, we just have to move the row selector further down.  On that note, we could pip the row selector underneath the entire device and have it be behind the main input rather than next to it.

Also for the clock - I mapped a clock controller and indicator to the control area so we can manage the clock manually for now.

I also just finished the Memory selector - so the switches now actually control which of 5 outputs will be active when we read the input in.  As far as the corruption issue with the memory when you disconnect, that is fixable. All we have to do is make the memory 2 times larger, if we include a redstone path in between each repeater, when we unload that chunk the redstone will maintain the charge for when we load the chunk again and will power the next repeater and keep the memory pattern in tact. We might want to make the memory square so that it won't be so incredibly long after we extend it like this.

MINECRAFT RULES AND INFORMATION
Minecraft Server changing hosts. Do not donate to my NFOservers account because I am cancelling it after this pay period.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2011, 02:38 PM by demonspork.)