Hello There, Guest! Register

Teamstack Rage-fest
Moosendoo
"Keep your shit tight"

04-04-2011, 09:08 AM

(04-04-2011, 08:45 AM)sk8mystery23 link Wrote: [quote author=EarthlingJohn link=topic=5549.msg201666#msg201666 date=1301923961]
I agree, but no banning of #ss stacks. Team VS snipers is fun, especially when it turns into sniper vs sniper  ;D

You know, I haven't been very active for the last two weeks, but I there was some #ss stacking going on last night. I didn't see anyone having fun.
[/quote]

I was.  Going polycount sniper against team pro snipers I had like 20 non-lethal headshots on me.  ;D

[Image: j6T5hLk.gif]
Negate
Born the same day as Linux... poor guy..

04-04-2011, 09:16 AM

Plugin goodness
BAM
How would you feel about something like this guys? Can you taste the tears of the teamstacks abated? I know I can.

Your in the minority, its supposed to taste like a shit taco
Jon Stewart
[move]ii@.[/move]
sk8mystery23
Lurker

04-04-2011, 09:18 AM

(04-04-2011, 09:08 AM)Moosendoo link Wrote: [quote author=sk8mystery23 link=topic=5549.msg201668#msg201668 date=1301924722]
[quote author=EarthlingJohn link=topic=5549.msg201666#msg201666 date=1301923961]
I agree, but no banning of #ss stacks. Team VS snipers is fun, especially when it turns into sniper vs sniper  ;D

You know, I haven't been very active for the last two weeks, but I there was some #ss stacking going on last night. I didn't see anyone having fun.
[/quote]

I was.  Going polycount sniper against team pro snipers I had like 20 non-lethal headshots on me.  ;D
[/quote]

Shhhhhhh. I mean I know playing against a stacked team is a good way to practice your skills and stuff, but sometimes it's just frustrating and it really makes a lot of people just not want to play. I think it was my second night of playing that four or five #ss snipers stacked on the opposite team and my team literally could NOT leave spawn. It wasn't a good experience and almost cut my TF2 career off before it had even started, and that isn't any good.

Oh, and versus, the only winning move is not to play.

[Image: mystery-deck-fat_tipcopy-1.jpg]
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

04-04-2011, 09:23 AM

[Image: 47141f31ad19344381a96c5b2d9e2be49df1dbca_full.jpg]

Badgerman of DOOM
I Stand in Spitter Goo

04-04-2011, 10:06 AM

alright jesus versus if you're gonna be a cunt just don't post
anyways this is a nice change, might get me playing tf2 more often

Moosendoo
"Keep your shit tight"

04-04-2011, 10:11 AM

(04-04-2011, 09:18 AM)sk8mystery23 link Wrote: Shhhhhhh. I mean I know playing against a stacked team is a good way to practice your skills and stuff, but sometimes it's just frustrating and it really makes a lot of people just not want to play. I think it was my second night of playing that four or five #ss snipers stacked on the opposite team and my team literally could NOT leave spawn. It wasn't a good experience and almost cut my TF2 career off before it had even started, and that isn't any good.
Yeah, I agree that when it gets to the point where people are leaving because of it something needs to be done.

[Image: j6T5hLk.gif]
HeK
Rotartsinimda

04-04-2011, 10:50 AM

(04-04-2011, 09:16 AM)negate link Wrote: Plugin goodness
BAM
How would you feel about something like this guys? Can you taste the tears of the teamstacks abated? I know I can.

This plugin would be very useful. A good extension to the admin command set.

There are plugins that automatically shuffle the teams when a gap in the points is detected. While an aggressive auto-balance system may work, manual control is a must.
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

04-04-2011, 11:07 AM

(04-04-2011, 10:06 AM)Ensign Epic link Wrote: alright jesus versus if you're gonna be a cunt just don't post

Turtle
Justin Bieber

04-04-2011, 11:28 AM

versus for president

LV15GAMER
Lurker

04-04-2011, 12:04 PM

(04-04-2011, 09:00 AM)negate link Wrote: [quote author=Eightball link=topic=5549.msg201633#msg201633 date=1301897407]
Wow, thanks for the input everyone. I admit that I was a bit hot-headed when writing this, but I'm happy to see that my feelings weren't too far off from everyone else's. Glad people could give some background--there was always some inkling that there was some relation between what's been going on, but this makes things a bit more lucid. I'll have to fess up that I didn't personally ask/command them to try and balance teams (mostly because I didn't think it'd make a difference if I did, or that it would make things worse), but probably should have asked on principle. I guess we'll just have to remember rule #1.

From now on I'll be issuing temp-bans for excessive teamstacking or other conduct harmful to the community (3day, then 7day, then permanent). Obviously I'm probably going to be subjective with how I do it. For instance, I know a lot of people don't like #ss players stacking, but I know exlo, cody and liquid obviously are all great people and are liked by the community (and moreover would switch if we asked). This has probably been made out to be a bigger deal than it is, and so I hope to just deal with this as it comes up in the future--just a little more decidedly. I'm going to get some sleep now. Thanks everyone <3
I'm gonna stop you right there so basically what your saying is its totally fine to fuck up the server with a teamstack as long as your a regular and should theoretically know better. But if your from one of those evil comp teams then it instantly becomes bad. Sick shotz is a problem when you've got 3 really great sniperz on one team or when you see all your friends playing on one side wiping the fuck out of the other side. If your gonna go on a fucking crusade then don't just bust the stacks you don't like. That's not BRBU.
[/quote]

IMO the line is crossed when they undermine RTV and team scrambles to continue team stacking. One or two rounds of team stacking is bad but not the worst, 3+ rounds even after a map change and team scrambling is disgusting.
sk8mystery23
Lurker

04-04-2011, 12:30 PM

(04-04-2011, 11:07 AM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: [quote author=Ensign Epic link=topic=5549.msg201678#msg201678 date=1301929590]

[/quote]

Yeah, he kinda has you there. I'm not even in the group, and I knew that.

[Image: mystery-deck-fat_tipcopy-1.jpg]
Loqutus
Lurker

04-04-2011, 12:49 PM

(04-04-2011, 09:00 AM)negate link Wrote: [quote author=Eightball link=topic=5549.msg201633#msg201633 date=1301897407]
Wow, thanks for the input everyone. I admit that I was a bit hot-headed when writing this, but I'm happy to see that my feelings weren't too far off from everyone else's. Glad people could give some background--there was always some inkling that there was some relation between what's been going on, but this makes things a bit more lucid. I'll have to fess up that I didn't personally ask/command them to try and balance teams (mostly because I didn't think it'd make a difference if I did, or that it would make things worse), but probably should have asked on principle. I guess we'll just have to remember rule #1.

From now on I'll be issuing temp-bans for excessive teamstacking or other conduct harmful to the community (3day, then 7day, then permanent). Obviously I'm probably going to be subjective with how I do it. For instance, I know a lot of people don't like #ss players stacking, but I know exlo, cody and liquid obviously are all great people and are liked by the community (and moreover would switch if we asked). This has probably been made out to be a bigger deal than it is, and so I hope to just deal with this as it comes up in the future--just a little more decidedly. I'm going to get some sleep now. Thanks everyone <3
I'm gonna stop you right there so basically what your saying is its totally fine to fuck up the server with a teamstack as long as your a regular and should theoretically know better. But if your from one of those evil comp teams then it instantly becomes bad. Sick shotz is a problem when you've got 3 really great sniperz on one team or when you see all your friends playing on one side wiping the fuck out of the other side. If your gonna go on a fucking crusade then don't just bust the stacks you don't like. That's not BRBU.
[/quote]
I don't think Eightball was saying liquid, exlo, and cody get a free pass because they are community members. He was saying they would have the decency to switch if asked, so we wouldn't need to temp-ban them.

Bulletproof.
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

04-04-2011, 01:06 PM

(04-04-2011, 12:49 PM)Loqutus link Wrote: [quote author=negate link=topic=5549.msg201670#msg201670 date=1301925601]
[quote author=Eightball link=topic=5549.msg201633#msg201633 date=1301897407]

[/quote]
I don't think Eightball was saying liquid, exlo, and cody get a free pass because they are community members. He was saying they would have the decency to switch if asked, so we wouldn't need to temp-ban them.
[/quote]

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
Badgerman of DOOM
I Stand in Spitter Goo

04-04-2011, 01:29 PM

(04-04-2011, 12:30 PM)sk8mystery23 link Wrote: [quote author=Versus-pwny- link=topic=5549.msg201684#msg201684 date=1301933275]
[quote author=Ensign Epic link=topic=5549.msg201678#msg201678 date=1301929590]

[/quote]

Yeah, he kinda has you there. I'm not even in the group, and I knew that.
[/quote]
context is key, it kinda takes on a whole new meaning after saying "herp de derp i win by not playing herp de derp tf2 blows herp"

Negate
Born the same day as Linux... poor guy..

04-04-2011, 01:43 PM

(04-04-2011, 01:20 PM)cody link Wrote: [quote author=Loqutus link=topic=5549.msg201697#msg201697 date=1301939344]
[quote author=negate link=topic=5549.msg201670#msg201670 date=1301925601]
[quote author=Eightball link=topic=5549.msg201633#msg201633 date=1301897407]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Sure some of these guys are decent and would switch when asked but there's still plenty of ss who every time they join the server immediately stack.

Your in the minority, its supposed to taste like a shit taco
Jon Stewart
[move]ii@.[/move]
BS1
Lurker

04-04-2011, 01:46 PM

You guys are no fun.

I for one enjoy it when people teamstack, it makes the game more fun.

The one thing I can see why you would complain about it is if you play seriously and just aren't a good player compared to others. That wouldn't be too surprising actually. I'm not trying to be an asshole, but this server only has a couple decent players. So I can see this as one point I guess. I don't play to win, and I rarely play seriously so this point doesn't affect me.

The bitching some of you do however is not fun; some of you bitch a lot . A few months back I stopped playing here because of some of the regulars. It's no fun hearing people complain the whole game.
If-I-Die-Its-Lag
I Play Gaia Online

04-04-2011, 01:54 PM

(04-04-2011, 01:46 PM)BS1 link Wrote: You guys are no fun.

I for one enjoy it when people teamstack, it makes the game more fun.

The one thing I can see why you would complain about it is if you play seriously and just aren't a good player compared to others. That wouldn't be too surprising actually. I'm not trying to be an asshole, but this server only has a couple decent players. So I can see this as one point I guess. I don't play to win, and I rarely play seriously so this point doesn't affect me.

The bitching some of you do however is not fun; some of you bitch a lot . A few months back I stopped playing here because of some of the regulars. It's no fun hearing people complain the whole game.

If you were hearing it from me, then I have to make a public apology, although I use the "Tf2 is a terrible game" as a joke.
BS1
Lurker

04-04-2011, 02:03 PM

(04-04-2011, 01:54 PM)If-I-Die-Its-HOGAN! BROTHER! link Wrote: If you were hearing it from me, then I have to make a public apology, although I use the "Tf2 is a terrible game" as a joke.
I'm pretty sure you're not one of them. I do know some, but I won't name anyone. Wink I'm trying not to go off topic about the teamstacking topic, so I'll just leave it at that.

I am not against teamstacking, but it look as though a lot of people have a problem with it. So, I'm fine with whatever you do. I would say temporary ban as a maximum punishment. I don't know how long a good temporary ban would be though.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

04-04-2011, 02:05 PM

(04-04-2011, 01:46 PM)BS1 link Wrote: I for one enjoy it when people teamstack, it makes the game more fun.

You may enjoy this, but nothing will kill a server faster than team stacking. Its one thing to play with friends, its another to throw 4 - 7 people on a team in their own vent/TS/mumble on a pub and take it too seriously.

So what's more important, enjoying being team stacked against, or having a server with people playing in it?

As much fun as it can be to pub stomp, don't shit where you sleep, you just end up covered in it.

Quote:but this server only has a couple decent players.

[Image: 7GXMr.jpg]

Sorry, can't resist the "are you serious" face  :p

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

04-04-2011, 02:50 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't heal bad players. I'm on brb.u. MAKE THE CONNECTION.

In all seriousness, I do not think team stacks are fun, no matter how good or bad you are. From a medic standpoint there is nothing more annoying than being on either team; if I'm on the losing side, it's almost impossible to help anyone if they die constantly. If I'm on the winning side, there is no challenge at all and I quickly get bored.

There is no excuse for intentionally being a dick on the server, especially after being asked to stop.