Hello There, Guest! Register

A quick word about the Dtoid melodrama, please read
fyre
BRB, Posting

06-29-2008, 06:41 PM

(06-29-2008, 04:37 PM)hawtpawkithero link Wrote: [Image: 20323174rs4.png]

Perfect +1

(06-29-2008, 12:13 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: [quote author=fyre link=topic=672.msg17289#msg17289 date=1214758346]

...being the 5'10" tall 125 pound type.

[Image: must_not_fap.jpg]
[/quote]

:Smile
hawtpawkithero
Lurker

06-29-2008, 06:42 PM

I should do more photoshops.

[Image: 1260992540627.gif]
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

06-30-2008, 08:14 AM

(06-28-2008, 02:00 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: Also remember that they are snooping these forums for ammunition, which is pretty lame but whatever I guess they've got time on their hands.  So don't vent in this thread, or I'll lock it.

I see nothing wrong with that. A few times last week I'd quickly scan the forums and cblogs to see if certain people would post certain things. If you can find out if people are saying things about you, by all means do it. Despite the required membership for viewing this is by no means a 'private' forum, and hopefully never will be.

Also, I would like to hope that nobody here wishes their server would fail. I certainly don't. I know that it will likely fail if they keep running it the way they are (from what I remember not a good connection, they never seed it, etc.) and given their very casual attitudes towards it I don't think that's going to change, but if they manage to make it into a good and lasting server then good for them!

I am quite disappointed with posts of certain people. Taking one line snipes is just as sad as making a full out flame. I hope to never see things like "I'll be playing in the USUAL server" again... Saying stuff like that under these circumstances makes it an us vs them situation... even if that wasn't your intention... and I REALLY don't want to see that happen anymore than it already has.

Also, don't fucking go and flat out post that people need to come here and play. If it's along the lines of the FNF or TFT posts that's okay because you're promoting an event (even then though.. I'd prefer it be left to the people who are always doing it...), but otherwise it's no different than the spambots who come in and tell us to visit some other site. We all hate those, don't we? Sure we do. So don't make BRBU look like it's doing that.

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
ScottyGrayskull

06-30-2008, 08:21 AM

(06-28-2008, 04:09 PM)A. Crow link Wrote: I don't frequent dtoid (though it is how I found the server back in the day), can I get a TLDR version somehow?

Long story short, certain people on Destructoid and here don't like each other, and neither side is willing to drop it. Of course soon after people jump on each side, and things start getting blown out of proportion.

This definitely isn't a one sided thing, no matter what anybody tells you.

At least that's as much as I know about it. Sure, things like "dealing with trolls" and "the community dieing" get tossed around, but as far as I can tell it boils down to a few people who just don't like each other and won't let things go.

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2008, 08:27 AM by ScottyGrayskull.)
fyre
BRB, Posting

06-30-2008, 08:46 AM

(06-30-2008, 08:21 AM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: [quote author=A. Crow link=topic=672.msg17032#msg17032 date=1214687351]
I don't frequent dtoid (though it is how I found the server back in the day), can I get a TLDR version somehow?
This definitely isn't a one sided thing, no matter what anybody tells you.
[/quote]

Heh, you dirty traitorous Commie son of a bitch. If you're not for us, than you're against us.

(06-30-2008, 08:21 AM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: "the community dieing"

Yea, I've seen a couple of people say things like that. Honestly, I've never really been a part of Dtoid, although I did read it regularly for a while. But anyway, if you really do care about Dtoid, than it's kinda up to you, it's not up to  Niero or CTZ or anyone else. Any community worth being a part of, is formed from the ground up, not from the top down. The people in charge of Dtoid have given you guys tools: the Cblogs, forums, etc. What you guys do with them is up to you. Keep in mind, it's always easier to destroy something than it is to create.

Ugh, enough hypocritical preaching. I'm the lazy kind of person who just moves on when things get shitty. Tongue
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

06-30-2008, 09:02 AM

I didn't think Eschatos comment was bad scotty, and the follow up comment was strait up diplomatic.

And major props for not responding to MattFoo's insults.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
ScottyGrayskull

06-30-2008, 09:15 AM

(06-30-2008, 09:02 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: I didn't think Eschatos comment was bad scotty

Not bad, but unnecessary as it was going to obviously attract attention.

|GW|Chimp
Lurker

06-30-2008, 07:52 PM

(06-29-2008, 04:37 PM)hawtpawkithero link Wrote: Did Odysseus get home and instantly kill every person there? That's not how the story went. He took abuse as the old beggar for a couple of days before ass-raping them Zoso-sniper style.

[Image: 20323174rs4.png]

That is EXACTLY how I feel when Zoso is on the other team sniping...I may as well have a spear and a shield for all the good my weapons are doing me.

Kind of like when Spore is Spying...