Hello There, Guest! Register

GTA4
Maxon
BRB, Posting

11-30-2009, 06:28 PM

(11-30-2009, 09:07 AM)Eschatos link Wrote: Just bought it for $20 on black friday.  It runs like total shit on my PC.  To get 30 FPS most of the time I have to put it on low settings, which is about 10 FPS difference from max settings.  That's absurd considering I can run every other modern game on max settings with a great frame rate.  Also the driving sucks balls.

Checked for any patches or mods?  Coulda sworn I remember there being some issues for the PC version when reading online and then I would assume they would be fixed.

And yeah the driving is just the worst.  Take a corner going faster than 20 or 30 miles an hour and you skid across the whole road like your riding around on those circle sleds.  Motorcycles are even worse lol

Hopefully you can get it working, cause there are only two things going for the game and that is looks and story lol

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

11-30-2009, 08:28 PM

Also for anyone who wants to do multiplayer or somesuch, my Games for Windows Live ID(ugh) is TruculentTacos.

Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

11-30-2009, 11:29 PM

Obviously you should've read how it was the most shit PC port this side of Saint's Row 2.  Something about making open world sandbox games run on PC's appears to have suddenly become impossible this generation.  Probably because all the engines are made like shit and strung together with duct tape that only holds together on their safe little fixed platform environments.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

12-01-2009, 03:29 PM

(11-30-2009, 11:29 PM)Wedge link Wrote: Obviously you should've read how it was the most shit PC port this side of Saint's Row 2.  Something about making open world sandbox games run on PC's appears to have suddenly become impossible this generation.  Probably because all the engines are made like shit and strung together with duct tape that only holds together on their safe little fixed platform environments.

Saints Row 2 runs great on my PC.