Hello There, Guest! Register

I need a new headset...
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

10-01-2008, 12:04 PM

My last pair of headphones mysteriously broke overnight while I was asleep. I decided to splurge a bit, and these seemed like a pretty sweet deal at the time:

Senheiser HD280Pro's

I've been pretty happy with them so far. Super comfy, and great noise isolation.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
exanimo

10-01-2008, 01:06 PM

That's what I use, Fuckduck. just be careful, they don't make them like they used to. I lost hearing in the right earpiece after 6 months of use. But, It's got a 2 year warranty.
Fail Medic
Actually made of WIN

12-13-2008, 11:28 AM

I don't suppose anyone has the Razer Barracuda?  I'm interested in a new headset period and I'm distinctly curious about "surround sound headphones" and whether they actually work and are worth it.  Reviews fault the high price and low quality on bass but otherwise give it a passing grade.
ToiletDuck
BRB, Posting

12-13-2008, 12:04 PM

(12-13-2008, 11:28 AM)Fail link Wrote: I don't suppose anyone has the Razer Barracuda?  I'm interested in a new headset period and I'm distinctly curious about "surround sound headphones" and whether they actually work and are worth it.  Reviews fault the high price and low quality on bass but otherwise give it a passing grade.

those surround sound headphones are pretty gimmicky i think, mission_difficult should be able to confirm (maybe??)

[Image: vhs51j.gif]
[Image: rrmvpd.gif]
[Image: 5wfajm.gif]
[Image: 33cmd7m.gif]
[Image: s3g8xs.gif]
[Image: 2dmbam1.gif]
[Image: 1e5tuv.gif]
[Image: 1fzo94.jpg]
Vandamguy

12-13-2008, 12:32 PM

(09-29-2008, 12:06 AM)Mission Difficult link Wrote: It's not hard to shove a bunch of drivers into each cup and call it surround sound. ITU recommendations for a proper surround listening environment state the angles for speakers being 30 for front left and right, 110 for surround left and right with a 10 degree tolerance, and center being 0. All speakers equidistant from the listening position and at the same level (there is a 15 degree tolerance for the surround speakers though). Try putting that in a pair of cans that don't cover your entire head. In the end I'm guessing that most "surround sound" headphones actually gain results from the use of inter-channel amplitude differences to create "phantom" localizations of sounds.