Hello There, Guest! Register

The wonderful thing about cats (post your pets)
Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

07-19-2008, 05:06 PM

(07-19-2008, 04:54 PM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: [quote author=Toilet Duck link=topic=307.msg22988#msg22988 date=1216504232]
[Image: IMG_0868.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0863.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0861.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0860.jpg]

OMG! I am SO effing jealous! That's the cutest little furball EVER!!!!
[/quote]

Hes going to grow up though...and thats when you regret getting a cat.
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

07-19-2008, 05:08 PM

TD has got some kitty love.  And when they get older they just stop being so spastic.  It goes lazy->spastic->lazy.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
ToiletDuck
BRB, Posting

07-19-2008, 07:10 PM

psh, as long as she's snuggly there's never regretting any cats :p

[Image: vhs51j.gif]
[Image: rrmvpd.gif]
[Image: 5wfajm.gif]
[Image: 33cmd7m.gif]
[Image: s3g8xs.gif]
[Image: 2dmbam1.gif]
[Image: 1e5tuv.gif]
[Image: 1fzo94.jpg]
Tragic Hero

07-19-2008, 07:31 PM

Great Danes > Cats.  Its that simple.
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

07-19-2008, 10:17 PM

(07-19-2008, 07:31 PM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: Great Danes > Cats.  Its that simple.

If you enjoy the risk of possibly getting crushed to death by your pet then yes, Great Danes > Cats.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

07-19-2008, 10:58 PM

KITTAYS!

*Is useless when kitties are around*
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

07-20-2008, 12:25 AM

Luin, you will not get anything done, ever, around my cats then. Tongue

HeK
Rotartsinimda

07-20-2008, 12:56 AM

She kept pointing out cats as we drove around the coast today.

As soon as we're home, we're so uploading literal thousands of images to this thread. I have no idea why we didn't notice it before hand.

I've had a dog since 1998 named Zelda. She's a Plothound; basically a half-Labrador, half-Coonhound. She has a similar body to a Greyhound (huge lungs and longish legs) but with the Lab shaped head (far less pointy).

She's getting pretty old now, cannot hear and has a hard time moving around. She is still very bright; she learned to use the doorbell to be let in just last year. Best solution we've found to avoid her from scratching up the nice aluminum doors.

She still lives with my parents.

Since I moved out I got a Siamese crossbreed cat named Evee, after the character in V for Vendetta. I've posted an image of her in our traveling thread. She's golden (officially smoke-cream) in colour and not very Siamese looking. She does carry the polydactyl genes, giving her twenty-seven toes; a pair of thumbs per EACH front paw, an extra rear toe per side and a single dew-claw on her right-rear leg.
All her extra toes are fully-functional and opposable except for her dew-claw. This allows her to grip and pick up objects. She uses this ability to swipe shiny objects from my desk and work table.

Pictures will come....
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

07-20-2008, 01:36 AM

[Image: cat_proximity.png]

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Luinbariel

07-20-2008, 09:31 AM

(07-20-2008, 01:36 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: [Image: cat_proximity.png]

ZOMG that is exactly what I say when I see one. "YOU ARE A KITTAY!" like she doesn't know... If there's one in the area, I'll find it and mention its kittyness.

When I was a kid we had many cats on the farm, indoor/outdoor cats. Some have come and gone, but right now my parents still have my babies...

Squarey (so named because we trimmed the fur on her tail to distinguish her from her twin) who follows me around like a lost little duck. I think she thinks I'm her mother or something, because she NEVER leaves me alone. She barely ever makes any noise, doesn't like to meow for anything it seems. Only time I hear her is when mom accidentally steps on her tail or something. She's so strange... VERY long light orange fur, sort of peachy in color. Not sure where she got it as she's a farm mutt... Such a strange face-shape too. We think she might be part fox.

Socks is the toughest little bitch ever. She's at least 16, has survived as many winters including one where she was trapped up a tree in -30 celcius all night (lost the tips of her ears). She's had like a million batches of kittens and doesn't know when to shut up; if you talk to her, she WILL have the last word. Meow meow meow meow etc. She must take a nap with my dad every day after lunch. It is her place. She's a tiny little tuxedo. She also hates my mom (likely because mom has had to unfortunately kill some litters of kittens we haven't found homes for.. I know its cruel but we couldn't house them all and no one wanted them. I still feel like shit knowing about it.)

Baby is a gigantic black cat. Huge green eyes. He is so named because he whines like a motherfucker, and loves to be held like a baby. Or, he likes you to hold him upside-down for some reason, so his head is hanging towards the floor and you're holding onto his feet. *shakes head*

this concludes my kittay report. You all know about my current kitty and like HeK said, he'll post a million pictures of his little baby when we get back.

Did I say kitty enough in this post yet?
rumsfald

07-20-2008, 09:54 AM

(07-20-2008, 09:31 AM)Luinbariel link Wrote: Squarey (so named because we trimmed the fur on her tail to distinguish her from her twin) who follows me around like a lost little duck. I think she thinks I'm her mother or something, because she NEVER leaves me alone. She barely ever makes any noise, doesn't like to meow for anything it seems. Only time I hear her is when mom accidentally steps on her tail or something. She's so strange... VERY long light orange fur, sort of peachy in color. Not sure where she got it as she's a farm mutt... Such a strange face-shape too. We think she might be part fox.

Socks is the toughest little bitch ever. She's at least 16, has survived as many winters including one where she was trapped up a tree in -30 celcius all night (lost the tips of her ears). She's had like a million batches of kittens and doesn't know when to shut up; if you talk to her, she WILL have the last word. Meow meow meow meow etc. She must take a nap with my dad every day after lunch. It is her place. She's a tiny little tuxedo. She also hates my mom (likely because mom has had to unfortunately kill some litters of kittens we haven't found homes for.. I know its cruel but we couldn't house them all and no one wanted them. I still feel like shit knowing about it.)

I don't mind reading about your kittays... usually better than what else is in this thread. But one thing I didn't care for were how the females were depicted. I get that's how it works in your particular universe... but I when I read I usually made a face about it.  ...shrug....call me a feminist.
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

07-20-2008, 02:22 PM

(07-20-2008, 09:54 AM)rumsfald link Wrote: I don't mind reading about your kittays... usually better than what else is in this thread. But one thing I didn't care for were how the females were depicted. I get that's how it works in your particular universe... but I when I read I usually made a face about it.  ...shrug....call me a feminist.

<3

Luin...crazy kitties. :3 That's what I say about mine...so sad about your mom having to kill some litters of kitties. Sad

Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

07-20-2008, 02:49 PM

(07-20-2008, 02:22 PM)Versus link Wrote: [quote author=rumsfald link=topic=307.msg23181#msg23181 date=1216565676]I don't mind reading about your kittays... usually better than what else is in this thread. But one thing I didn't care for were how the females were depicted. I get that's how it works in your particular universe... but I when I read I usually made a face about it.  ...shrug....call me a feminist.

<3

Luin...crazy kitties. :3 That's what I say about mine...so sad about your mom having to kill some litters of kitties. Sad
[/quote]

my mate used to breed cats, he drowned unwanted litters all the time, no biggie.

Luinbariel

07-20-2008, 02:58 PM

Wow thanks Rummy. I'll just keep my opinions to myself from now on.

Also yes, it was sad, she had to drown the litters as well.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

07-20-2008, 03:17 PM

(07-20-2008, 02:22 PM)Versus link Wrote: [quote author=rumsfald link=topic=307.msg23181#msg23181 date=1216565676]I don't mind reading about your kittays... usually better than what else is in this thread. But one thing I didn't care for were how the females were depicted. I get that's how it works in your particular universe... but I when I read I usually made a face about it.  ...shrug....call me a feminist.

<3

[/quote]I could never do that. Sad kitties are so goddamn cute. damn, now I have an urge to buy a kitten. even if he'd only piss off my elderly cat. and my dog. actually my dog would probably love him.

Tragic Hero

07-20-2008, 03:26 PM

Well since we can't get off the subject of kittens, we had quite the history with them.  The first cat we got we named "Garfield" and he lived up to his namesake.  He got really fat and and hated mondays.  Then we decided it was a good idea to pick up a female stray cat at this farm my mom would go to pick tomatoes and the cat ended up being pregnant.  Garfield during all this was being really odd and aggressive so we had to keep him caged up. 

One day before school (I think this was 1st grade) I decided to pet Garfield since no one was giving him attention and the damn cat sank his teeth right into my hand and wouldn't let go.  Was finally able to get my hand free and I noticed later in the day I had this odd looking discoloration around the puncture.  One doctors visit later would tell me that Garfield gave me blood poisoning in the form of Pasteurellosis.  You could actually see the infection traveling from my hand to my torso. 

Who knew that bites from house cats could be so dangerous?
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

07-20-2008, 03:35 PM

did you kill the cat?
once an animal bites you it thinks its okay, you have to kill it there and then.

Tragic Hero

07-20-2008, 03:45 PM

Yeah we took it to the Vet to be put to sleep that very day. 
A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

07-20-2008, 03:53 PM

(07-20-2008, 03:35 PM)Dave link Wrote: did you kill the cat?
once an animal bites you it thinks its okay, you have to kill it there and then.

When I was young (3ish) we had a cat named Rounder, he was a Manx, he was the god awfullest worst cat ever known to man, he hated EVERYONE, and tried to bite everyone he hated.  He was also huge at 28 lbs, I mean, that was about what I weighed at the time.  Usually, I would annoy Rounder with childlike play and he would go bite my older brother, I thought this was a rather good deal for me.  One day, the cat apparently thought I was large enough to warrant his wrath.  I have vivid memories of him sauntering across the living room floor toward me, stopping, Hissing, then the fucking cat punched me in the face, knocking me down, pounced on me and took a huge bite out of the back of each leg.  Rounder died later that day.  

Luinbariel

07-20-2008, 05:33 PM

Yeah some cats, just like people, can be anywhere on the personality range, including aggressive asshole. Some will bite simply because they feel threatened or unstable, even if they are really nice house pets most of the time; and some are just complete dicks ALL of the time.

We had one cat, one of the same litter as Squarey, who was the opposite of the other three in the litter. She would be asleep when they were awake, and awake when they were asleep. She was always a little strange and when she was born we thought she was dead... when mom came back to get rid of her, she was up and moving so we think perhaps she had a little brain damage at birth or something.

My sister adopted her, and this cat didn't get better with time. She had a fully grown man cornered in fear, wouldn't let him leave the house (he had come to feed her while my sister was away for a few days). He was terrified of her. The day I moved out of my sister's house the damned cat attacked my face while I was hugging her goodbye... I drop-kicked her in my surprise. She was eventually brought back to our farm and put down.

My sister's husband had always treated her badly though as well, which didn't help her aggressive personality; he was constantly harassing her and getting her to attack him, pulling on her tail, generally pissing her off.