Hello There, Guest! Register

Dwarf Fortress
Luca Shoal
Some king of fox thing

07-25-2009, 09:24 AM

I've got dibs on being the first Champion...or a Legendary Miner or Bone Carver :V

And with strange aeons, even Death may lay down in the street and die.

Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

07-25-2009, 09:25 AM

(07-25-2009, 09:24 AM)TVs Luca link Wrote: I've got dibs on being the first Champion...or a Legendary Miner or Bone Carver :V

How about you pick a character to be at the beginning of the game?  I wanna be the Fortress leader/fisherman.

Chaosye
Lurker

07-25-2009, 12:11 PM

CAPTAIN OF THE GUARD
I call Captain Of The Guard.
:3

Eschatos

07-25-2009, 01:46 PM

(07-25-2009, 12:11 PM)TheAnyKey link Wrote: CAPTAIN OF THE GUARD
I call Captain Of The Guard.

Clerk is better.  The skill levels up super fast and afterwords all xp goes into stats.  Legendary everything clerk is important to keep happy.

Chaosye
Lurker

07-25-2009, 02:56 PM

CAPTAIN OF THE GUARD BITCH
MEEEIIIN

Okay so who's playing?
Eschatos, me, Luca, Zargon, oxide.

I think we have enough people to start the Bloodline
Big Grin

Are we going to use modded files or not?
I say modded so that a fuckton more species can be trained to be war and hunting animals

Polar bears
Tigers
Cougars
wolves
giant version
megabeasts other than giant and collossus
alligators
crocodiles
grizzly
black bear
unicorns
elephants
etc.
Big Grin

Luca Shoal
Some king of fox thing

07-25-2009, 07:22 PM

You best put the mods up for us to download then.

And I got dibs on being the brewer then from the beginning. Because Boozeamahol is vital.

Chaosye
Lurker

07-25-2009, 08:36 PM

No, I mean modding your object files.
It's pretty easy to do.
http://dwarf.lendemaindeveille.com/index...ding_guide
Simply add [trAINABLE] to the entity that you want to make trainable into war and hunting versions.
And it also has to have [PET] or [PET_EXOTIC] tokens in it.
It's quite simple.

Or we can just go without modding.

I LIEK MODDING

Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

07-26-2009, 02:56 PM

(07-25-2009, 08:36 PM)TheAnyKey link Wrote: I hate paying for things

i think you have played every mod ever.

Luca Shoal
Some king of fox thing

07-26-2009, 08:25 PM

Doof Footress is free anyways.

Chaosye
Lurker

07-26-2009, 10:30 PM

Okay yeah, I guess we'll just be doing unmodded files.
That's okay with me.
So who wants to do the first year?
I volunteer to do it Big Grin
I'm going to pick a Tropical area, unless you all object

Eschatos

07-26-2009, 10:30 PM

How about when it's the next persons turn, you just email the entire game folder?  Then we don't have to fuck around with modding.

Chaosye
Lurker

07-27-2009, 01:50 AM

Wait, so I'm doing it?
Well, okay.
You should remember to back up your folders just in case, or if you don't mind having a ton of animals capable of being trained.

I sure hope I don't horribly mess up.

Edit:Ah fuck it, let's just go unmodded.
SCRATCH THAT
I'll just go with what Eschatos said.
Next post will be about the fortress.
Tommorrow.
This is gonna get hard, considering im doing two seperate forum's bloodline game at the same time.
lol

Sponson
BRB, Posting

07-27-2009, 09:23 AM

(07-26-2009, 10:30 PM)TheAnyKey link Wrote: Okay yeah, I guess we'll just be doing unmodded files.
That's okay with me.
So who wants to do the first year?
I volunteer to do it Big Grin
I'm going to pick a Tropical area, unless you all object

this game is still so confusing! Id love to join but... I dont know what I'd be doing!

[Image: unled1wl.png]
Chaosye
Lurker

07-27-2009, 12:58 PM

I'll be continuously editing this one post as this goes on.

6th Granite, 227, Early Spring

"Well, the king has sent us out to 'expand' the dwarven's horizons, for some reason or whatever.  We set out for the place today, a Tropical Forest right next to the ocean.  The king did give it a damn weird name though...
[Image: Blindbeer.jpg]
Immediately I go and send our miners to dig down in the ground, and as soon as we hit rock we get to making room for everything, stockpiles, beds, the works.
[Image: thebeginning.jpg]

1st Hematite, 227, Early Summer
Not much has happened so far, some workshops have been set up and we're getting the water purifiers AKA screw pumps ready, I hope soon since we might be running out of ale...
[Image: 1stsummer-1.jpg]

15th Limestone, 227, Early Autumn
Progress on the water purifier is going a bit too slowly, increasing workforce.
The caravan from the homeland has arrived today!  Getting to work on building a Trade Depot before they leave.  Sadly I was too caught up in the water purifier to make anything decent to trade.  I hope they like rocks.
Note:Tell the next leader to make many of these items next year.
[Image: tradethis.jpg]

11th Sandstone, 227, Mid-Autumn
The caravan didn't have anything that we could use except for a single thread of Pig Tail, but we couldn't even afford that.
Remember to make crafts.
Water purifier is almost done, plant to finish before end of year.

Later that day
Apparently while leaving, the merchants managed to get into a fight with one of the 10 elephants.
This does not bode well for them.
[Image: Uhoh.jpg]

Huh, the Hammerdwarf actually managed to scare the Elephant away!  That dwarf is brave to go up against one of those beasts.

20th Moonstone, 227, Early Winter
Ah fuck I messed up.  Apparently after waiting for a couple seasons one wall of the water system far down has not been completed yet by any of our dwarves and it leaked out, causing it to get saltwater back in.  I am trying to fix this problem and draining the saltwater and reflooring just in case.  If the draining goes well I think I can get the pump working before the end of the year.

19th Obsidian, 227, Late Winter
I just saw Rigoth, our Architect, walk across water.
He must have been running fast.

1st Granite, 228, Early Spring
Well as reluctant I am to say this, Spring has come, and I have received a message from the Mountainhomes saying that a new man will be coming to lead this fortress.  I'm glad that I have less work to do, but I am also worried if he cannot control the purifier.  No matter, I'm going to take a break from leading and go do what I once loved.  Killing.  To the military!

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

07-27-2009, 01:09 PM

There is something you can use that renders your fortress in 3d.  It is not a mod of the game and doesn't edit the game files at all it just takes the data of what your fortress is and renders it so you can show it off.

I can't remember what it is called but you should try to use it to help us noobs understand what is going on.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Eschatos

07-27-2009, 04:26 PM

How does the purifier thingy work?  I've never been into advanced machinery in DF.  More importantly, will I have to maintain it when my turn comes along?

Chaosye
Lurker

07-27-2009, 04:45 PM

Alright, well I'm done with my turn already, played for one year.
I set up a screw pump to purify the water and I havn't tested it thoroughly, so I hope that it works, it should.
Whoever's next, however, DO NOT USE THE SCREW PUMPS UNLESS EVERYTHING IS COMPLETELY DRY THROUGH ALL THE FLOORS
I had a problem where I accidentally forgot to finish a wall and all the water is contaminated, so wait until the bottom floor is completely dry.

Eschatos, if you're next, sorry but you'll have to maintain a bit, watch where the channels lead and make sure that it is completely dry, AND WALL OFF THE END
I forgot to do that, wall off this area right here or else there won't be any water for the dwarves to drink.
[Image: WALLITOFF.jpg]
That area is at the end of where all the water goes, REMEMBER TO MAKE SURE THE ENTIRE PATH HAS NO WATER IN IT BEFORE YOU START PUMPING AGAIN.
The pumps are near the entrance of the fortress, in a little walled off area.  Just pump it once the water is gone and you've put in the wall, it should work.

Also, here are my files, put them in the main DF directory (Where dwarffort.exe is) and replace the files.
Remember to back up in case you want to keep the original files.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7S4M4YVL

Also the 3D visualizer you're talking about is this, 3Dwarf
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=608.0

ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

07-27-2009, 04:53 PM

Nice, TheAnyKey.  The pump systems are still a mystery to me, so you'll have to give a run through of what exactly you did!

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here
Chaosye
Lurker

07-27-2009, 04:57 PM

Well you don't need to add any more pumps or anything, whoever's next just wait until all the channels the water goes through is completely dried, and to add the wall at the end of the resevoir.  Then you can make a well somewhere above the resevoir, which is right underneath the dining room, which is convenient Big Grin

Chooly
BRB, Posting

07-27-2009, 05:08 PM

Playing entirely too much dwarf fortress lately, and I still have only just scratched the surface..
I'd say sign me up for the next rotation but I don't feel like I'd be of much use.

EDIT: Graphics Packs won't mess with the save files, so why isn't anyone using them?

[table][tr][td][Image: style5,The-spc-Pwnrgization.png] [/td][td]Chooly: /nevergonnagiveyouup
Eschatos: /nevergonnaletyoudown
[TC] Versus: /nevergonnarunaround
[TC] Versus: /anddesertyou
ToiletDuck: /closeapplication[/td][/tr][/table]
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2009, 05:12 PM by Chooly.)