Hello There, Guest! Register

Dreams
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

08-18-2008, 09:38 AM

(08-18-2008, 09:27 AM)shipero link Wrote: I have a recurring dream where I find out that I never met my requirements to graduate High School and have to drop everything so I can go back and get the my diploma. I had it again about a week ago and it involved me quitting my job and moving back in with my parents in Montana just so I can get the credits I needed. I really hate that dream.

Holy fuck me too, I'm not even joking.  It's really the only dream I seem to remember.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

08-18-2008, 09:43 AM

Lucid dreaming is pretty darn difficult to learn and occurs naturally extremely rarely. What I mean by that is that you will very rarely find someone who can "just do it", as it often takes a lot of practice and training. 

Basically you need to a> learn to feel the moments right before falling asleep and b> learn a phrase or symbol that will indicate to you in your dream that you are dreaming. Something you can recognize as a signal that you've pre-determined as an indication of "hey... you're dreaming!". Exactly how to accomplish this is the difficult part, something I certainly can't do, and I imagine it would be difficult to describe in the form of instructions as well.

The theory is that once you've done that, you'll be able to take control of the dream and do what you like. If any of you figure it out let me know, I'd be SUPER interested.
Neonie

08-18-2008, 09:51 AM

(08-18-2008, 09:43 AM)Luinbariel link Wrote: Lucid dreaming is pretty darn difficult to learn and occurs naturally extremely rarely. What I mean by that is that you will very rarely find someone who can "just do it", as it often takes a lot of practice and training. 

Basically you need to a> learn to feel the moments right before falling asleep and b> learn a phrase or symbol that will indicate to you in your dream that you are dreaming. Something you can recognize as a signal that you've pre-determined as an indication of "hey... you're dreaming!". Exactly how to accomplish this is the difficult part, something I certainly can't do, and I imagine it would be difficult to describe in the form of instructions as well.

The theory is that once you've done that, you'll be able to take control of the dream and do what you like. If any of you figure it out let me know, I'd be SUPER interested.

Comeing soon: Lucid dreaming RPG: It's about a spiky haired kid with gray hair who learns that he can take control of his dreams, BUT WAIT, when he does this he find he can't fully take control and that theres an evil dream master at the helm of it all, distributing dreams and giving people nightmares. Along the way he meets a girl and a guy who have also learned the art of lucid dreaming and together they level grind there way all the way to the boss fighting nightmare foes and level 1 mist. At the end of all this an epic battle ensues.
Surf314

08-18-2008, 09:56 AM

I had this time when I was sick that I would slip in and out of dreaming really fast it was very strange, also ive had times where my body was asleep but my mind wasn't and it was like I was completely paralyzed.  My friend told me that it happened to him fairly regularly and I never believed him till it happened to me.  I would not recommend it.

But the time I was slipping in and out of dreams it was sort of like hallucinating but not really, I'd take whatever was in the dream and try and apply it to the waking world and then the opposite.  Then I started to realize what was going on and could feel myself drifting into and out of sleep, it made me realize why we usually forget the moment we fall asleep.  It's extremely disorienting.  The way it worked for me was it was like part of my brain was trying to apply the dream state and the other part was still thinking about what was actually going on and they got confused.  I hope I never get that sick again =(.

Luinbariel

08-18-2008, 10:05 AM

(08-18-2008, 09:56 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: I had this time when I was sick that I would slip in and out of dreaming really fast it was very strange, also ive had times where my body was asleep but my mind wasn't and it was like I was completely paralyzed.  My friend told me that it happened to him fairly regularly and I never believed him till it happened to me.  I would not recommend it.

There is a condition called sleep paralysis, I wonder if this is what you and your friend were experiencing?
Surf314

08-18-2008, 11:02 AM

(08-18-2008, 10:05 AM)Luinbariel link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=1181.msg31652#msg31652 date=1219071367]
I had this time when I was sick that I would slip in and out of dreaming really fast it was very strange, also ive had times where my body was asleep but my mind wasn't and it was like I was completely paralyzed.  My friend told me that it happened to him fairly regularly and I never believed him till it happened to me.  I would not recommend it.

There is a condition called sleep paralysis, I wonder if this is what you and your friend were experiencing?
[/quote]

Prolly, its not fun.

hawtpawkithero
Lurker

08-18-2008, 12:59 PM

When I say master of lucid dreaming, I mean that I have a 4/10 success rate. 40% of my dreaming nights are lucid. This is actually very good, and very few can get it any higher. Last night blew though, I didn't have a single moment of REM sleep, I just rolled around in my bed from 3 AM up untill 12 in the afternoon.

[Image: 1260992540627.gif]
El_Fajitas
Lurker

08-18-2008, 02:43 PM

Although I can lucid dream, the most recent uh, "dream" I had did not involve anything.

I mean literally nothing.

I was falling asleep, there was nothing.

I woke up yelling incomprehensible gibberish sweating all around.

My mom and bro joked around saying I was touched by a dead guy.

Scariest moment ever.  Didn't sleep much that night.

=
=
hawtpawkithero
Lurker

08-18-2008, 03:00 PM

My first lucid dream only lasted about 30 seconds in dream-time. I gained lucidity, and preceded by flying, falling, then humping the shit out of hot babes, which caused me to lose my lucidity.

[Image: 1260992540627.gif]
Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

08-18-2008, 03:42 PM

(08-18-2008, 11:02 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=1181.msg31656#msg31656 date=1219071953]
[quote author=Surf314 link=topic=1181.msg31652#msg31652 date=1219071367]
I had this time when I was sick that I would slip in and out of dreaming really fast it was very strange, also ive had times where my body was asleep but my mind wasn't and it was like I was completely paralyzed.  My friend told me that it happened to him fairly regularly and I never believed him till it happened to me.  I would not recommend it.

[/quote]

Prolly, its not fun.
[/quote]

I know of this and it's quite creepy.  Haven't experienced it in years though
Luinbariel

08-18-2008, 06:07 PM

(08-18-2008, 12:59 PM)hawtpawkithero link Wrote: When I say master of lucid dreaming, I mean that I have a 4/10 success rate. 40% of my dreaming nights are lucid. This is actually very good, and very few can get it any higher. Last night blew though, I didn't have a single moment of REM sleep, I just rolled around in my bed from 3 AM up untill 12 in the afternoon.

That is a really good success rate, nice work!
KorJax
BRB, Posting

08-18-2008, 07:25 PM

I can get pretty vivid dreams that have really creative/inventive things in them that I have never seen before and can remember my dreams easily if they are, which might be something.  I hear the first step in lucidity is to remember your dreams which I can already do pretty well (depends on the dream though)

[Image: a731e9e08c48b218b111e3275e851e8e.gif]
A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

08-18-2008, 08:00 PM

Lucid Dreaming by cheating.

1) Diphenhydramine (benadryl)
2) Alcohol (really, don't over do it.)
3) Really, try to not go to sleep- but don't fight too hard, if you're doing this right you might actually win, you just don't want to go to bed at the first sign of drowsiness, make Hypnos rally his troops first.  

In the morning, you won't remember the picture you started drawing, or the sandwich you made and forgot to eat, but you will remember drifting in and out of sleep several times having incredibly vivid dreams that you can exert some measure of control over, this is mostly because you won't be able to distinguish between waking up thinking about the dream and actually dreaming.  

After thinking about who actually reads the boards.  Don't be a dumbass, don't try this.  Don't go "I'm gonna take a dozen pills and half a bottle of scotch and have trippy dreams man!" No, you'll pass out and throw up or you'll end up in the ER with tachycardia and disorientation, or both.  Small steps.

Surf314

08-18-2008, 08:08 PM

(08-18-2008, 08:00 PM)A. Crow link Wrote: Lucid Dreaming by cheating.

3) Really, try to not go to sleep- but don't fight too hard, if you're doing this right you might actually win, you just don't want to go to bed at the first sign of drowsiness, make Hypnos rally his troops first.  

In the morning, you won't remember the picture you started drawing, or the sandwich you made and forgot to eat, but you will remember drifting in and out of sleep several times having incredibly vivid dreams that you can exert some measure of control over, this is mostly because you won't be able to distinguish between waking up thinking about the dream and actually dreaming.  

After thinking about who actually reads the boards.  Don't be a dumbass, don't try this.  Don't go "I'm gonna take a dozen pills and half a bottle of scotch and have trippy dreams man!" No, you'll pass out and throw up or you'll end up in the ER with tachycardia and disorientation, or both.  Small steps.

After reading this LSD and mushrooms are surprisingly safe.

Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

08-18-2008, 08:09 PM

(08-18-2008, 08:00 PM)A. Crow link Wrote: Lucid Dreaming by cheating.

After thinking about who actually reads the boards.  Don't be a dumbass, don't try this.  Don't go "I'm gonna take a dozen pills and half a bottle of scotch and have trippy dreams man!" No, you'll pass out and throw up or you'll end up in the ER with tachycardia and disorientation, or both.  Small steps.

i think im a bit of a retard for dreams, since i allways remeber my dreams for about 2 hours, i dont remeber anything half an hour before i go to sleep and i cant go to sleep unless my body forces me to

maybe its like a super power

but shit.

A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

08-18-2008, 08:33 PM

(08-18-2008, 08:08 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=A. Crow link=topic=1181.msg31832#msg31832 date=1219107648]
Lucid Dreaming by cheating.

After reading this LSD and mushrooms are surprisingly safe.
[/quote]

No, no they're not.  They are illegal though.  Now, I'm going to watch Howl's Moving Castle and go to bed.  Sweet Dreams.

Geoff
Real World Azn

08-18-2008, 08:55 PM

The problem for me with lucid dreaming, is that once I know I am awake, I shoot out of sleep.

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
Luinbariel

08-19-2008, 11:44 AM

I am super stoked, I had an awesome Star Wars dream last night. The kind I've been waiting for since I was a kid...

We were the new Rogue Squadron and we were all getting together for our first mission; we never got off the ground and there were all sorts of things that a good ground operative would drop their pants for... GOOD TIMES. I even took a shot in the arm to save a wingman. I woke up with a giant retarded smile on my face. Even now I wish I were a better artist so I could draw some of that shit.

Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

08-19-2008, 11:46 AM

i faught an elephant and killed it, not bad for 4 hours sleep.

Surf314

08-19-2008, 12:07 PM

I usually don't dream unfortunately, my mind wanders a lot while I'm driving though - sort of like day dreaming.  I'd say it was dangerous but the stretches I drive are long stretches of pretty much nothing so fortunately I'm not putting anyone in danger.  I drive a lot for work and to visit family.