Hello There, Guest! Register

Well, I bricked my Creative Zen Micro
Geoff
Real World Azn

09-07-2008, 06:21 PM

(09-07-2008, 01:21 PM)Darklink link Wrote: I also do hate it when people think anything that plays music is an iPod. It pisses me off.

lol.  That would be me.

I also call any portable gaming device a gameboy.

I also any other group of people, kids.

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

09-07-2008, 07:55 PM

(09-07-2008, 01:21 PM)Darklink link Wrote: [quote author=CopulatingDrunk link=topic=1329.msg36464#msg36464 date=1220596726]
Well I hate to tell you this (no really) but they pretty much ARE all there really is. Ipods have the most comprehensive-featureset as well as the best engineering/manufacturing of any mp3 player I've seen on the market. I'd love to see someone else make something better, but even Microsoft throwing money at the Zune didn't cut it.

For the record, Apple has the top mp3 player because they hire the top engineers/computer scientists extremely aggressively.

[quote author=zaneyard link=topic=1329.msg36462#msg36462 date=1220596492]
they just are idiot proof and well engineered in iPoods

exactly

(09-05-2008, 01:34 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: honestly i have no problem with iPods, i just dont like that because they are the majority that people think that that is all that there is.

That's a bit immature. It's not like they have the PC market as well. Tongue
[/quote]

The Zune is better >_>.

Instead of putting some bigass wheel on it, they put a nice sized touch-pad that has manual push button on it also. Then they just placed two smaller buttons beside it (Play/Pause/Turn off and Back) and used all that extra space to put a decent sized screen on it.

Not to mention the social features involved with it, wireless sync, and other nice features. I would mention the Radio, but all the stations here suck balls so I never use it.

I also do hate it when people think anything that plays music is an iPod. It pisses me off.

[/quote]

I don't know... I like my ipod touch fine but that's because I like the hackability of it... TBH, I would never listen to radio so an FM tuner is useless... Wireless Sync is nice but USB is a lot faster... The 'social features' (meaning you can beam over a track which they can listen to for 3 times, no matter if you made the track yourself, (DRM ftw) is kinda useless if no one has a zune...

There are enough good audio devices but the zune was dead in the water from day one... They didn't even try and sell one here, it's just yet another microsoft 'me too' attempt...

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
Darklink
BRB, Posting

09-14-2008, 06:40 PM

(09-07-2008, 07:55 PM)ainmosni link Wrote: [quote author=Darklink link=topic=1329.msg37003#msg37003 date=1220811676]
[quote author=CopulatingDrunk link=topic=1329.msg36464#msg36464 date=1220596726]
Well I hate to tell you this (no really) but they pretty much ARE all there really is. Ipods have the most comprehensive-featureset as well as the best engineering/manufacturing of any mp3 player I've seen on the market. I'd love to see someone else make something better, but even Microsoft throwing money at the Zune didn't cut it.

For the record, Apple has the top mp3 player because they hire the top engineers/computer scientists extremely aggressively.

[quote author=zaneyard link=topic=1329.msg36462#msg36462 date=1220596492]
they just are idiot proof and well engineered in iPoods

exactly

(09-05-2008, 01:34 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: honestly i have no problem with iPods, i just dont like that because they are the majority that people think that that is all that there is.

That's a bit immature. It's not like they have the PC market as well. Tongue
[/quote]

The Zune is better >_>.

Instead of putting some bigass wheel on it, they put a nice sized touch-pad that has manual push button on it also. Then they just placed two smaller buttons beside it (Play/Pause/Turn off and Back) and used all that extra space to put a decent sized screen on it.

Not to mention the social features involved with it, wireless sync, and other nice features. I would mention the Radio, but all the stations here suck balls so I never use it.

I also do hate it when people think anything that plays music is an iPod. It pisses me off.

[/quote]

I don't know... I like my ipod touch fine but that's because I like the hackability of it... TBH, I would never listen to radio so an FM tuner is useless... Wireless Sync is nice but USB is a lot faster... The 'social features' (meaning you can beam over a track which they can listen to for 3 times, no matter if you made the track yourself, (DRM ftw) is kinda useless if no one has a zune...

There are enough good audio devices but the zune was dead in the water from day one... They didn't even try and sell one here, it's just yet another microsoft 'me too' attempt...
[/quote]If you're into Linux for MP3 players they are working a a Zune version. I'm guessing that's what you mean by hackability. There are a few other tricks you can do to make it useful. Editing some registry files so it appears as a drive is one, but that still sucks because you can only add things while you're syncing in the software :<.

TBH I never use Wireless Sync. I enjoy the Social features, it's just a simple little thing that goes a long way for me at least. The larger screen is just great. The iPod Touch's is larger, but $500 for less than half of the Zune's memory just doesn't make me want it.

I also enjoy all me friends bashing me for buying one for some reason :B.

[Image: 2uthqip.png]
Geoff
Real World Azn

09-14-2008, 09:35 PM

No, hackability does not mean Iinux.  He means custom apps and homebrew that you can easily get

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel