Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Who are you voting for?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Obama
58.62%
17 58.62%
McCain
6.90%
2 6.90%
Independent/Other
34.48%
10 34.48%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Who are you voting for?
NiceGuy
Fulfills Asi^H^H Korean stereotypes

09-05-2008, 12:45 AM

I will just say that if McCain is voted into office, I will be joining some of you others in the Great White North very soon  Big Grin

On BAL-SACKs:

(07-10-2008, 06:52 PM)rumsfald link Wrote:Like our namesake, the number one thing we do is hang around.  Between your legs. Hang around waiting for some action.
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

09-05-2008, 12:45 AM

(09-05-2008, 12:45 AM)NiceGuy link Wrote: I will just say that if McCain is voted into office, I will be joining some of you others in the Great White North very soon  Big Grin

Shutup and go back to eating your rice in Korea you Charlie!

<3

When're you getting back anyways? Also, it seems obvious that you like Obama, but what did you think of Dr Paul?

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
MrGrey
GreyC Denton

09-05-2008, 12:50 AM

damn man.. I guess I'm the only one left that realizes that the television controls and manipulates millions of americans on a daily basis and understands that our government is based off a system of tyranny and fascism.  I truly am alone in the world Sad   

/sigh

exanimo

09-05-2008, 12:59 AM

MrGrey, I cannot tell you how frustrated I am with your responses. Your generalizations and aimless censure astounds me.
MrGrey
GreyC Denton

09-05-2008, 01:15 AM

u christian, examino?

exanimo

09-05-2008, 01:27 AM

I don't see what it has to do with anything, but no.
Whether I'm Atheist? Agnostic? Call it what you will, I do not submit myself to any specific religion.

However, it doesn't mean I disregard the theories of Christianity or any other religion for that matter. I go to Church nearly every Sunday (mostly for the sermon) and read some stories in the bible, specifically Ecclesiastes (A good read, which I recommend to everyone). Confucius' Analects, The Tao Te Ching etc. I attempt to gain a better perspective of life by opening my mind to other trains of thought.
copulatingduck

09-05-2008, 01:29 AM

(09-05-2008, 01:15 AM)MrGrey link Wrote: u christian, examino?

rofl, ur still doing it. I think he takes offense more at the fact that your posts are a bit insulting to everyone's intelligence. Him calling you on it, and you responding "u chrisian?" certainly doesn't help things at all. We all know the country's in the shitter, it doesn't mean we should be called "sheeple" "mind-controlled" and the like for trying to have intelligent discussions on politics.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

09-05-2008, 01:40 AM

[Image: Happy%20Cake%20con%20sfondo.jpg]

HAPPY CAKE IS HAPPY!!!

MrGrey
GreyC Denton

09-05-2008, 01:43 AM

i asked him that cuz if he responded "yes" i was going to respond with "then forgive me" .. was suppose to be a joke

and you cant have an intelligent conversation about politics.. not possible.. i will call people dumb and ignorant because thats what they are.

doesnt mean they arent good people.. just means that most dont realize there is more to the story than what your TOLD.  Again.. if someone can logically explain what I stated before I will shut up.  And I'm tired of people getting their feelings hurt.. taking offense to something is proof of guilt.  The only person that can hurt your feelings is yourself, read the Four Agreements.. amazing book.

MrGrey
GreyC Denton

09-05-2008, 01:53 AM

and i have every reason to be pissed and express my opinion.. open up your goddamn eyes and look at what the fuck is happening around the world... just because your safe in your own little world, while your driving your Honda and watching football games people are fighting to survive.  This country is completely fucked and I will scream the truth irrespective of what people may think, while you're busy taking offense and discussing McCains views on abortion.. the country is going down the shitter and more and more of your civil rights are being stripped from you every day due to false pretenses.  I'm done with this convo... so sorry if i hurt your feelings, if you arent an average reality show watching, Oreo Cookie pizza eating, Vanity magazine reading dumb fucking american than you wouldnt care about my statements here, you would respect my views and opinions.. disagree you might.. but respect as I do everyone elses even if I think they are retarded.  I am done now Smile

copulatingduck

09-05-2008, 02:00 AM

I was gonna have a bate after I finished with the forums for the night, but your conceited rambling killed my boner. I hope you're happy.  >Sad >Sad >Sad

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

09-05-2008, 02:08 AM

Oh boy..Communism. I've heard a lot of that the last 2 weeks.

So Southerners is doing a show that features music by Russian composers that were in existence during the Soviet Union. So we had the hammer and sickle on guard uniforms and some flags they used during the show. Well..our first performance was at Georgia Tech and while many loved the music..a lot of people had things to say about us having the hammer and sickle in the show. We've been getting assaulted from every corner with ignorant rednecks calling us communist to anti-Christian. Hell, I'm surprised it hasn't surfaced on Fox News yet. But it's really stupid and I'm ranting because of close minded people.

A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

09-05-2008, 02:15 AM

(09-05-2008, 02:08 AM)cbre88x link Wrote: Hell, I'm surprised it hasn't surfaced on Fox News yet. But it's really stupid and I'm ranting because of close minded people.

They've been busy ardently defending the (potential) vpilf.

jdub28
Lurker

09-05-2008, 03:02 AM

I was on the fence leading towards Obama but then i read about the republicans moving forward with the Poland missile shield. I rally dont want Iraq, Iran N. Korea, and Russia to have a common complaint about the US. Obama seems to be our best bet for smoothing foreign relations.

Ron Paul wants a government that basically sits back and watches, this is the complete opposite of what we need right now. Have any of you read one of his books on the Austrian School of Economics? The value of the dollar will increase but it wont mean much when companies decide to either pay you less or take old Ronnie up on the lower taxes and bolt out of the country without any repercussions. How could you think about being an isolationist in a world that is connected at the click of a button? I would love to vote for him because of his views on guns, technology, and basically just keeping the government out of ordinary people's lives but we cant have a government that completley sits back, definitely not right now.

With Obama vs McCain the only place I see McCain winning is in the energy plan where he is basically the bi-partisan leader, every where else I give Obama the edge. Net Neutrality could never happen, but
McCain CAN continue to take the patriot act pass wiretapping and into your mail, network activity, and even how you spend your money.

[Image: XFORTBANNER-1.jpg]
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

09-05-2008, 03:09 AM

The governments had permission to get into your 'puters for a long time via the DMCA.

shipero
Lurker

09-05-2008, 09:34 AM

I'm casting my ballot for Nader because I like to know for a fact that my vote doesn't matter.

[Image: 2669413287_962ae7392a_o.gif][Image: 2669413259_6088bc93a8_o.gif][Image: 2669413189_bfcdafe37c_o.gif][Image: 2669413157_dab56f9c51_o.gif][Image: 2669413127_a97cabe517_o.gif][Image: 2670235042_949a1960dc_o.gif]
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

09-05-2008, 09:37 AM

Dave says vote democrat, since republicans are fucking evil you stupid fuckers and I wont forgive you for bush, he cant fucking tie his own shoes.

exanimo

09-05-2008, 09:41 AM

(09-05-2008, 02:08 AM)cbre88x link Wrote: So Southerners is doing a show that features music by Russian composers that were in existence during the Soviet Union.
Which composers specifically?

And Shipero, you're the man! xD

Dave, I'm voting Labour. Tongue
Ianki
Pedo^H^H Appreciator of the Youth

09-05-2008, 09:58 AM

(09-04-2008, 09:56 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: This

Also Obama probably.  I like Ron Paul, was a big fan of 2000 McCain, really do not like 2008 McCain.  If the election is close I will probably vote Obama, if not I will write in RP.  I think the neocons and the type of politics they run is a huge problem for the US right now and although there are the same kind of people on the far left they are nowhere near as organized or have as much power.  Centrist FTW, (or libertarian - just leave us alone)

If you vote for Ron Paul in Florida i will find you and kill you... slowly.

At first you will beg for the death that will not come, then you will see the light.
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

09-05-2008, 10:01 AM

(09-04-2008, 11:39 PM)CopulatingDrunk link Wrote: [quote author=Kyrie Sutra FRICK link=topic=1338.msg36404#msg36404 date=1220585527]
[quote author=MrGrey link=topic=1338.msg36395#msg36395 date=1220584626]
oh.. and speaking of the GOD BLESS THE TROOPS approach.. lets ask the thousands if not millions of vets who are on the fuckin streets homeless.. no one gives a fuck about them.. what happened to the God Bless the Troops?  Shows you what the Higher Ups think of the troops... they could give a fuck about them, you, or your family.
If we were all given the chance to vote whoever we wanted on that ballot we would all vote ourselves. Do not deny it you know you would.
[/quote]

I would still write in Ron Paul... :Smile

Surf, just curious, why did you like McCain then but dislike him now? I don't really know what he was about back then as I didn't follow politics at all, and even if I did I wouldn't remember shit.

edit: Exanimo's an english major and he can't even spell communism. FAIL.
[/quote]

Sorry this thread grew so much I knew there was probably a good reason to put off catching up on it.

Anyways, McCain I've always thought was a decent person.  I've seen him many times on The Daily Show even before this political season and he always seemed like a straight forward guy.  When he ran in 2000 I was a big fan of his "straight-talk express" thing where he would give reporters complete access and answer any questions leveled at him.  He has quite a reputation for being a centrist, which I admire because I think most of america are centrists.  Hell there were rumors he was going to run with Kerry in '04 and Biden is known for being one of the democrats trying to talk McCain over into the democratic party because of all the shit republicans were giving him for not falling into lock step with them on all the issues.  But that was pre-08 McCain.

'08 McCain sucks, he is selling out to the Rove-Bush end of the party to tap into the reserves of money and blind support.  This is especially crazy because Bush fucked him over big time in '00 to the point that there were rumors raised that he fathered an illegitimate black baby.  He canceled his straight talk express and only talks about his points with few question sessions and can be downright hostile in interviews (see the times interview).  And even though at the beginning of the campaign he was talking about running a clean campaign like Obama with only attacks directed at the platform and not personal attacks there has been nothing but personal attacks recently.  He has basically turned into Bush with a campaign completely out of Rove's playbook which disgusts me.  And Obama still refuses to use personal attacks which I admire but at the same time is a shame because: McCain ditched his first wife who was disfigured in a car accident for his current wife who is insanely rich and is responsible for his rise in politics, his current wife had an addiction to prescription meds and used the charity she worked for to help her get more to feed her addiction, what crow said, and now Palin is VP who is under investigation for abuse of power against a former brother in law.  Also the birth of her last baby is an example of the most retarded chain of decisions I have ever heard: she went into labor early and still gave a scheduled speech, then flew from texas to alaska, then drove 45 min to her small town before going to the doctor.  You aren't even supposed to fly if you are 7+ months pregnant.

So yea there is so much fodder for personal attacks but Obama isn't using them, and while I respect him for it it just makes the republican or should I say Neo-Con politics piss me off more.  But what it really comes down to it I have respect for many in both parties and am a centrist, but unfortunately the worst kind of extremists seems to have taken over the Republican party (and McCain) and it upsets me.  I'd feel the same if something similar happened to the Democratic party.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2008, 10:54 AM by Surf314.)