Hello There, Guest! Register

Thanks for having me last evening!
timepants
Looks like E.T. in RL.

07-16-2008, 11:42 PM

(07-16-2008, 07:10 PM)Greatbacon link Wrote: Caff did some class guides and a general tips and trick guide back in December.  Here is the Heavy guide, which has links to all the other guides as well.  Might be a good place to start. 

And also beware of Vandamguy's post on there. Thanks to NoScript I no longer have to see the gif in his post, but it's still burned into my memory :-X
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

07-17-2008, 12:08 AM

Lolwut Neonie? I fucking hate the scrollwheel, I disabled it. :p

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Neonie

07-17-2008, 12:30 AM

(07-17-2008, 12:08 AM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: Lolwut Neonie? I fucking hate the scrollwheel, I disabled it. :p

I don't think I'd be able to play an FPS over the computer without the scroll wheel xD. I'd just wind up yelling at my computer at the top of my longs "SWITCH WEAPONS! SWITCH WEAPONS! YOU MOTHER FUCKER I SAID SWITCH WEAPONS!" and it would just go on like that until I realized my computer could not, in fact, obey ny orders. Because if I have to actually reach my finger to another button that's NOT movement in the middle of battle, I'm pretty much fucked at that point.
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

07-17-2008, 12:40 AM

(07-17-2008, 12:30 AM)Neonie link Wrote: [quote author=CopulatingDuck link=topic=867.msg22418#msg22418 date=1216271280]
Lolwut Neonie? I fucking hate the scrollwheel, I disabled it. :p
I don't think I'd be able to play an FPS over the computer without the scroll wheel xD. I'd just wind up yelling at my computer at the top of my longs "SWITCH WEAPONS! SWITCH WEAPONS! YOU MOTHER FUCKER I SAID SWITCH WEAPONS!" and it would just go on like that until I realized my computer could not, in fact, obey ny orders. Because if I have to actually reach my finger to another button that's NOT movement in the middle of battle, I'm pretty much fucked at that point.
[/quote]

Things like this are easy if you play piano. You learn how to use fingers independent of each other and in this case I usually use the fourth finger while keeping the rest on WASD.

ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

07-17-2008, 02:49 AM

I use quickswitch and the number keys quite often but for most classes I've bound mouse wheel up to primary weapon, mousewheel down to secondart and melee to the third mouse button. I use the use weapon commands in how I bound them so that I don't have to press primary fire afterwards to select them. This way, when I need a certain weapon, it's always just a small movement away.... Quickswitch is great unless you used the melee last and you need the secondary now... It takes out the last weapon and this got me killed quite a few times.

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
Budr

07-17-2008, 03:44 AM

(07-16-2008, 11:10 PM)|GW|Mord link Wrote: I noticed that... but it didn't seem to 'commit' to a weapon? I'll have to play with it a bit more.

Options > Keyboard > Advanced > Quick Weapon Switch

At work so I can't check but I'm fairly certain that's right.
Budr

07-17-2008, 03:46 AM

(07-17-2008, 02:49 AM)ainmosni link Wrote: Quickswitch is great unless you used the melee last and you need the secondary now... It takes out the last weapon and this got me killed quite a few times.

Oh God, the amount of times I run out of rockets whilst retreating, switch to shotgun and start firing my shovel at someone from 20 paces isn't even funny.
|GW|Chimp
Lurker

07-17-2008, 11:25 PM

(07-17-2008, 03:46 AM)Budr link Wrote: [quote author=ainmosni link=topic=867.msg22475#msg22475 date=1216280963]
Quickswitch is great unless you used the melee last and you need the secondary now... It takes out the last weapon and this got me killed quite a few times.

Oh God, the amount of times I run out of rockets whilst retreating, switch to shotgun and start firing my shovel at someone from 20 paces isn't even funny.
[/quote]

That's exactly why I think it's best to just learn to use the number keys.  It's super-quick once it's burned into your muscle-memory (playing for 200+ hours will do that to you Smile) and you never have to worry about switching to the wrong weapon.

Now, hitting the tilde when going for 1, that's another story Smile.