KorJax
BRB, Posting

09-19-2011, 01:29 PM

Adam Jensen Walks Into a Bar... | A Deus Ex: Human Revolution Montage

[Image: a731e9e08c48b218b111e3275e851e8e.gif]
K2
BRB, Posting

10-17-2011, 12:09 PM

So this is $30 on Amazon today, and the code's redeemable on Steam. Pretty tempting.
KorJax
BRB, Posting

10-17-2011, 09:39 PM

Get it, best game of the year so far easily

Assuming you like MGS/DX/Mass Effect/Ghost in the Shell at all

[Image: a731e9e08c48b218b111e3275e851e8e.gif]
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

10-18-2011, 12:48 AM

(10-17-2011, 12:09 PM)K2 link Wrote: So this is $30 on Amazon today, and the code's redeemable on Steam. Pretty tempting.
Heh, kind of funny that I bought it at launch cheaper than that.
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

10-19-2011, 09:27 AM

How long has the DLC been out? Is it any good?

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

10-19-2011, 10:31 AM

(10-19-2011, 09:27 AM)at0m link Wrote: How long has the DLC been out? Is it any good?

just came out yesterday I believe. haven't gotten it. it's 15 bucks. I'm going to wait for a steam sale.

Live-Free-Or-Pie
2 Beers Is All I Need

01-29-2012, 12:57 PM

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7wUeHo58T5OxZydOZpl7...e6t6bOTtNw]

I finished the Deus Ex book recently. I really enjoyed it. Events in the book coincide with DE:HR's story line. The book gives some much needed back story to the DE:HR bosses and two DE:GOTY characters make appearances. (It has that DE:GOTY character that we all wanted to appear in DE:HR, but didn't). The neat thing about the book is that one of DE:HR's writers put it together and that writer actually did his homework. Places, gadgets, and a meme work their way into the story. It's really an expansion of the DE:HR world. So, if you enjoy the game for the story and the atmosphere, then you'll like the book.

[Image: deus-ex-human-revolution-factory-zero_500x281.jpg]

I also finished I Never Asked for DLC The Missing Link DLC. My verdict is a resounding "It's OK, not mind blowing." It's a quick 5 hour story arc that takes place on a boat and in an isolated military base. It has more of what made DE:HR good... with the sneaking and the e-mails (and now, audio logs!). Voice acting isn't wonderful.

The ending:Well worth the price of admission, I love how they executed it. The arc actually ends without bullshit cliffhanger, so that gets points in my book.  [spoiler]It's not a 100% definitive end because not all of the questions are answered, but the mini-adventure does have a clear "moving on with the rest of the game story line" ending. [/spoiler]

Minor gripe: [spoiler]Once you get to the base, you have to do a lot of revisiting. It felt a little like a runaround. Kind of Like Metroid/Metal Gear, but without out the items and keycards. [/spoiler]

The boss fight: IT DOSEN'T SUCK, but it's not as "open" as the DE:GOTY boss fights. [spoiler] There are multiple ways to solve the end battle, but you're freedom is a little hampered because you still have to take out an entire room of people before you're done. Unlike the game proper, you can take a stealth approach to effectively beat the encounter and you can stealth take-down the boss![/spoiler]

Extra story layer: One really puzzling part of the ending of DE:HR is cleared up. Unfortunately, that detail isn't really that crucial to the story arc in game proper. More of an "Oh, ok, that's how that thing got there... I am less confused." The appearance of particular character also give a quick nod to DE:GOTY.

Suspicion: I have a feeling that Missing Link is trying really hard to be an homage to Metal Gear. [spoiler] A lot of infiltration, you sneak around on a boat, it' short in length, mysterious voices on the radio, deceptive characters, the cheevo for going 100% sneak with no upgrades. It also has a slightly different flavor from the rest of DE:HR because it's mostly corridors with very few big rooms.[/spoiler]

Overall: You're not missing out on anything crucial by missing this, but it is more Deus Ex. I'd say pick it up on sale.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2012, 10:16 PM by Live-Free-Or-Pie.)
Didzo
Uninstalling

01-30-2012, 05:56 AM

This was a [spoiler]great review[/spoiler] of the[spoiler] DLC[/spoiler], or so I would guess [spoiler]if it all wasn't a spoiler.[/spoiler] I am sure that [spoiler]I would agree/disagree[/spoiler] on [spoiler]points and things you may or may not have stated or commented about[/spoiler]. I will say that [spoiler]I am bored,[/spoiler] but will also say that [spoiler]I would buy the DLC[/spoiler] based on your recommendation,[spoiler] being bored (as previously mentioned)[/spoiler], and enjoying the full game overall.

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
Live-Free-Or-Pie
2 Beers Is All I Need

01-30-2012, 10:17 PM

(01-30-2012, 05:56 AM)Didzo link Wrote: This was a [spoiler]great review[/spoiler] of the[spoiler] DLC[/spoiler], or so I would guess [spoiler]if it all wasn't a spoiler.[/spoiler] I am sure that [spoiler]I would agree/disagree[/spoiler] on [spoiler]points and things you may or may not have stated or commented about[/spoiler]. I will say that [spoiler]I am bored,[/spoiler] but will also say that [spoiler]I would buy the DLC[/spoiler] based on your recommendation,[spoiler] being bored (as previously mentioned)[/spoiler], and enjoying the full game overall.

[spoiler]I decided to re-redact some information that's not spoilery.[/spoiler]
Chief
BRB, Posting

04-27-2013, 12:33 AM

i finally beat this game

endings sucked but at least the after credits gave me a hard on. time to actually play and finish the original game