Hello There, Guest! Register

Dead Rising 2
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

01-02-2011, 01:12 AM

(01-02-2011, 12:40 AM)backfire link Wrote: so question, anyone else have this and still haven't beaten it due to the repetitive and time consuming tasks? I was pushing along in half-hour sessions just trying to finish it, then it's all like "lol, you ain't done yet bro".

I haven't touched it since then.

Killing zombies is repetitive? Yeah, but it's awesome.  What did you expect from a game called Dead Rising?

backfire
Uninstalling

01-02-2011, 01:23 AM

(01-02-2011, 01:12 AM)Eschatos link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=2306.msg190475#msg190475 date=1293946823]
so question, anyone else have this and still haven't beaten it due to the repetitive and time consuming tasks? I was pushing along in half-hour sessions just trying to finish it, then it's all like "lol, you ain't done yet bro".

Killing zombies is repetitive? Yeah, but it's awesome.  What did you expect from a game called Dead Rising?
[/quote]

Better gameplay? Since it's damn near impossible to beat through your first playthrough, by the time you finally get near the end, odds are you're already sick of the game.

And yes, killing zombies is repetitive as I've learned in l4d2. All this did was just remind me...

edit yea buyin this was a stupid idea......

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2011, 01:25 AM by backfire.)
beep beep diglett
Uninstalling

01-02-2011, 04:22 AM

echoing eschatos, im not sure why you played a zombie game if you find them repetitive. you really cant change much lest it stops being a zombie game.
Vandamguy

01-02-2011, 12:10 PM

(01-02-2011, 12:40 AM)backfire link Wrote: so question, anyone else have this and still haven't beaten it due to the repetitive and time consuming tasks?
I was pushing along in half-hour sessions just trying to finish it, then it's all like "lol, you ain't done yet bro".
Taken out of context you could have made the same post in the Minecraft forum. zing!

DR2 is a badass game, you must be doing something wrong.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

01-02-2011, 01:08 PM

Sucks its not a game for you.  I thought it was fantastic and I'm one that got bored of Left 4 Dead 2 also.  DR2 is just so entertaining with the weapon combining, the psycho's, and how much there is to do in the game.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

01-02-2011, 06:23 PM

I'm with backfire, it got boring real fast.
Sponson
BRB, Posting

01-03-2011, 11:51 AM

Its got little replay value. I'm not replaying the game just to 100% it because I'm not that kind of gamer.
The psychopaths were very well thought out, both visually and psychologically engaging. Brandon, Antoine, and Slappy are the first bosses that come to mind that really make the "creepy" factor work. The artists at work here did an excellent job.

Zombie killing was meh. Yes, killing zombies gets repetitive. For example: bludgeoning weapons. The only non-boring way to kill zombies is with the devastator, but even then... why not just run past them. Its not like zombies give you appreciable exp compared to survivors and psychopaths anyway.

There were a lot of things that bothered me. And it wasn't even the puns. The Six Shooter could fire all its like, 60 rounds in a row. Should be called the Sixty Shooter.
Spoiler: The ending with Sullivan is impossible, he would not have ripped in half from a stupid hand-cuff. That hand-cuff would have just easily splintered off. I'm suspending my belief for game-play reasons, but not cut-scene reasons. That really bothered me. Running past zombies bothered me. Whats that? Super infected zombies? You have a short time limit? Ignore everything!

[Image: unled1wl.png]