Hello There, Guest! Register

attention honest/blues
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

04-21-2009, 06:27 PM

(04-21-2009, 06:21 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote: i think i would have blocked you too if you started asking for my full name

Tim Nordlund. Now you don't have to block him Big Grin.
Yeah, as I typed it, you say you don't need me to spoil it anymore... leaving it here anyways.

Oh and... sucks for you, Radio. Uh... Good luck with your stuff, fool.

Hahaha... flash update to watch a CSS video... Who the hell puts videos in flash?!

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

04-21-2009, 06:27 PM

[Image: radiou.jpg]

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

04-21-2009, 06:28 PM

(04-21-2009, 06:15 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote: you sure about that caff? nothing from the other drive seems to work at all

although its pretty much just music i uhh found. so im assuming winamp etc are now missing therefore i cant play any of it. the files seem to be there

As long as the files are there, its safe, if you are super paranoid, disconnect the data drives when you reinstall windows

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Master Shake
Lurker

04-21-2009, 06:29 PM

Awww poor Radio RaFool, I await your arrival.
Radio Raheem
BRB, Posting

04-21-2009, 06:40 PM

so i cant format my boot drive. quit any disks, utilities, or programs using this drive. make sure no window is open showing the contents of this drive.

theres like f4 or something you press on startup to get to a safe mode for doing this stuff or what?

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-21-2009, 06:45 PM

You need a boot disk.

Das boot disk.

Edit for more help: your win CD is bootable.  Boot to your DVD drive.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Radio Raheem
BRB, Posting

04-21-2009, 06:48 PM

so basically put windows cd in. restart? i think i can manage that

expect a reply in 2 minutes when i fail

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-21-2009, 06:51 PM

(04-21-2009, 06:48 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote: so basically put windows cd in. restart? i think i can manage that

expect a reply in 2 minutes when i fail

If you are back and reading this you may have to tell your computer to boot from the disk.  That's where the f4 or whatever your PC maker uses comes in.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Radio Raheem
BRB, Posting

04-21-2009, 06:55 PM

i dunno on restart i dont see anything saying to press a key for whatever but im a pretty terrible reader (4th grade level fools)

JoKeRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Lurker

04-21-2009, 07:00 PM

try constantly tapping f8 on restart and you'll get to safe mode
Radio Raheem
BRB, Posting

04-21-2009, 07:02 PM

f12 worked. so boot cd works. but it doesnt have a format option. just install over or something?

using tiny xp if this makes a difference

i got inastall windows
live rescue options
boot 1st disk
exit to command prompt.

im assuming its either a tool in live rescue options or command prompt would have a formatter

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2009, 07:08 PM by Radio Raheem.)
Blues
BRB, Posting

04-21-2009, 07:19 PM

You need to set your comp to boot CD drive before hard drive. Insert the CD I gave you into the drive, then restart the computer. Hit the delete key or F10 key (I can't remember which it is for your motherboard, it should say at the bottom of the screen but I'm fairly sure it's Delete) as soon as the comp boots. You'll enter your BIOS screen.

If you did this correctly, you'll be at a screen that looks like the following. If you make it to the windows boot logo you've gone to far, restart and try again.

[Image: gigabyte%20ga-8i915me-gl%202%20bios%20main%20screen.jpg]

Go to advanced BIOS options, and check your first boot device, etc. Enter selects an option and the arrows obviously navigate. You want to set CD-ROM as your first boot device, hard drive as your secondary.

[Image: bios-0002.jpg]

Save the settings and exit. Upon reboot, your comp will go to the TinyXP boot screen, hit a key to load, and install using option 2 (or whatever I wrote on the CD, I'm not at home right now so I'm throwing this all at you from memory). You want to format the C: partition first, find it in the menu, I believe it's after you choose which version of TinyXP to install. Select the C: partition, choose to delete it. Follow the instructions to delete it, then format it using quick format. The computer will format and begin installing Windows. Basically let it run, it's a self-contained installer so you shouldn't need to set anything following this.

Once it finishes installing the files, let it reboot itself, and don't hit anything when it tells you to hit any key to enter installation. It will enter Windows and finish the installation. When you reach your desktop, pop out the TinyXP CD, and put in your motherboard CD. From here install your motherboard drivers, audio drivers, and LAN chipset drivers. You will have no internet until you install the LAN drivers, so make sure you're ready to go before proceeding with the format.

After this is done, you'll need your video drivers from www.nvidia.com[url=http://]. You may also need to install a DirectX update, I can't remember if the version I gave you comes updated. Go to start > run > type in 'dxdiag' without the quotes and let it load. If your version of DirectX is 9.0c, you're fine. If not, let me know, and I will upload a copy to my server. Do not download from microsoft, or activate any of their geniune advantage bullshit. You're using a copy that is a business version with no key, but if you try to update through MS they will flag you and you'll get that stupid ass Genuine Advantage every time you start your PC. TinyXP comes will all service packs and updates up to SP3, so you'll never have to worry about updating other shit, as service for WinXP is now obsolete anyways.

Off the top of my head that's all you'll need to get yourself running again, you can reach me at Crigger@gmail.com a lot faster being that I'm at work a LOT now, so if you need more help let me know. Go get yourself Avast antivirus and spybot: search & destroy, or something similar. I'll help you get the secondary stuff (Nero, etc.) once we've got you up and running.

If you have any executables (.exe files) on your other partitions, DO NOT RUN THEM without sweeping them with several virus scanners first. There's an online thing somewhere that scans with multiple scanners at once, I'll find it for you when I get a chance.

Also, protip, do not ever download updates without going to the site advertised and getting it from them, and only if you know what it is (i.e. don't go download SUPERSPYBOT9000 BECAUSE YOUR COMPUTER HAS 12500 VIRUSES DETECTED). Even if something like youtube says "You need to update flash", go to the adobe website and download it directly from them, etc. If there's something I forgot, let me know, like I said, I'm throwing this off the top of my head and I'm on a public, slow as fuck computer right now, so I can't very well check myself.

[Image: bluelunk.png]
FREE THE SANDWICH!
SANDWICH THREAD
[glow=blue,2,300]WOMBO COMBO[/glow]
[b]IM2GUEWD[b]
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2009, 07:25 PM by Blues.)
Radio Raheem
BRB, Posting

04-21-2009, 07:24 PM

so i ran it a little differently than you posted. i didnt delete the boot drive i basically installed over it. reinstall and delete that or keep it? i figured deleting the boot drive was a good idea but it could also make things much more complicated to recreate the drive or something so i took the easy way

also thanks for the help guys

Blues
BRB, Posting

04-21-2009, 07:26 PM

(04-21-2009, 07:24 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote: so i ran it a little differently than you posted. i didnt delete the boot drive i basically installed over it. reinstall and delete that or keep it? i figured deleting the boot drive was a good idea but it could also make things much more complicated to recreate the drive or something so i took the easy way

also thanks for the help guys

You need to format. If files still exist on the boot you're still at risk, and you probably doubled your Windows size as the old OS still exists. You need to reinstall everything anyways, so just go back and format, then install.

Taking the easy way when you've got something that malicious is NOT a very bright idea.

FREE THE SANDWICH!
SANDWICH THREAD
[b]IM2GUEWD[b]
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

04-21-2009, 07:30 PM

raped didiot

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
JoKeRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Lurker

04-21-2009, 07:34 PM

k im pretty sure i managed to save my steam account and computer ;D ;D

damn it feels good to be a gangster
Blues
BRB, Posting

04-21-2009, 07:42 PM

(04-21-2009, 07:30 PM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: raped didiot

I lol'd

FREE THE SANDWICH!
SANDWICH THREAD
[b]IM2GUEWD[b]
copulatingduck

04-21-2009, 07:42 PM

You should change your avatar. You're too much of a chump to be scott steiner

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Radio Raheem
BRB, Posting

04-21-2009, 07:55 PM

shutup fool. also can anyone get my steam account name? so i havent actually had to type it or the password in over a year and this is hard to remember. i typed every variation of it i can think of to email me the info and i got nothing. also typed any email adresses i could think of and got nada there aswell

should be something among the lines of "mystik flame" since thats incredibly retarded and never taken (dont steal it jerks)

copulatingduck

04-21-2009, 08:02 PM

Even if you remember the name, you're not gonna get in because the hacker has long since changed the password. Read this to get your account back:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti...-QDFN-4366

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these