Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Would you like a no-crits server?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Very Yes
21.74%
10 21.74%
No, I <3 crits
78.26%
36 78.26%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

No Crit Server?
exanimo

07-24-2008, 10:11 AM

Whatever you want, baby. Big Grin

But I do think random players enjoy servers with criticals.
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

07-24-2008, 11:01 AM

I enjoy crits though its likely because I don't fully understand how they work and just... play for fun.
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

07-24-2008, 12:25 PM

Scout no like crits.

Panda
N00b

07-24-2008, 01:56 PM

I hate crits.  I despise them with every fiber of my being, and they are the one thing I wish was never put into TF2.  Each time I lose a fight that I'm currently about to win because the al;khlogiahihag I'm killing got a crit I roll my eyes and grumble for the entire time I'm respawning.  Once you put a random element as powerful as crits into the game, skill flies right out the window.

But, we'll never have people on the server if we change it because it won't show up on the refresh list.  We'd all wind up playing on crit servers anyway until the entire crew showed up at home.

[Image: style2,Panda.png]
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

07-24-2008, 02:18 PM

(07-24-2008, 01:56 PM)Panda link Wrote: I hate crits.  I despise them with every fiber of my being, and they are the one thing I wish was never put into TF2.  Each time I lose a fight that I'm currently about to win because the al;khlogiahihag I'm killing got a crit I roll my eyes and grumble for the entire time I'm respawning.  Once you put a random element as powerful as crits into the game, skill flies right out the window.

But, we'll never have people on the server if we change it because it won't show up on the refresh list.  We'd all wind up playing on crit servers anyway until the entire crew showed up at home.
Better then spamming grenades.
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

07-24-2008, 03:06 PM

(07-24-2008, 01:56 PM)Panda link Wrote: I hate crits.  I despise them with every fiber of my being, and they are the one thing I wish was never put into TF2.  Each time I lose a fight that I'm currently about to win because the al;khlogiahihag I'm killing got a crit I roll my eyes and grumble for the entire time I'm respawning.  Once you put a random element as powerful as crits into the game, skill flies right out the window.

Well, if enough people have us favorited, there's no reason we wouldn't be able to fill the server IF THERE WAS ENOUGH INTEREST. I fucking despise crits. Hell, even when I'm getting them, they're just no fun because I know it was just a cheap kill that took no skill. I've really enjoyed the semi-competitive matches I've been a part of that don't allow crits. I find winning a match purely from skill is a helluva lot more satisfying than winning due to a few well-timed lucky crits. That being said, I'd at least like to see more pickups without crits. I'm also going to see what I can find about perhaps having a "Rock the Crits" plugin where people can vote them off.

All that being said, I think if I managed to scrape together enough parts for a 2nd Boston-based server, a lot of you wouldn't say no to playing on it, so I'm going to be actively looking for free stuff on campus. Also, I'm severely disappointed in all your competitive streaks.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

07-25-2008, 02:45 AM

(07-24-2008, 03:06 PM)Screaming Viking FuckDuck  (:< link Wrote: [quote author=Panda link=topic=933.msg24313#msg24313 date=1216925767]
I hate crits.  I despise them with every fiber of my being, and they are the one thing I wish was never put into TF2.  Each time I lose a fight that I'm currently about to win because the al;khlogiahihag I'm killing got a crit I roll my eyes and grumble for the entire time I'm respawning.  Once you put a random element as powerful as crits into the game, skill flies right out the window.

Well, if enough people have us favorited, there's no reason we wouldn't be able to fill the server IF THERE WAS ENOUGH INTEREST. I fucking despise crits. Hell, even when I'm getting them, they're just no fun because I know it was just a cheap kill that took no skill. I've really enjoyed the semi-competitive matches I've been a part of that don't allow crits. I find winning a match purely from skill is a helluva lot more satisfying than winning due to a few well-timed lucky crits. That being said, I'd at least like to see more pickups without crits. I'm also going to see what I can find about perhaps having a "Rock the Crits" plugin where people can vote them off.

All that being said, I think if I managed to scrape together enough parts for a 2nd Boston-based server, a lot of you wouldn't say no to playing on it, so I'm going to be actively looking for free stuff on campus. Also, I'm severely disappointed in all your competitive streaks.
[/quote]
The reason I'd say no is because my ping would be horrendous. ;<
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

07-25-2008, 02:49 AM

(07-25-2008, 02:45 AM)KarthXLR link Wrote: The reason I'd say no is because my ping would be horrendous. ;<

What? It wouldn't be any different than what it is on #2. ???

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

07-25-2008, 04:23 AM

(07-25-2008, 02:49 AM)Screaming Viking FuckDuck  (:< link Wrote: [quote author=KarthXLR link=topic=933.msg24500#msg24500 date=1216971903]
The reason I'd say no is because my ping would be horrendous. ;<

What? It wouldn't be any different than what it is on #2. ???
[/quote]

Exactly.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
dapngwnman
Lurker

07-25-2008, 12:56 PM

Crits are by far my favorite part of the game. TINK TINK TINK TINK. Oh man. The sound is just getting me EXCITED.

In every game I play, if there is a way to make a crit build, I am making a crit build. There is something so awesome about dealing WAY more damage than you should be just by chance. I didn't have to pay for some "CRITPACK" that EA would sell me. THEY ARE ALREADY THERE YEAAAAAH.

Crits > Actually trying. <3
A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

07-26-2008, 02:56 AM

(07-23-2008, 08:14 PM)Screaming Viking FuckDuck  (:< link Wrote: Would you like to see no crits server, and would you play on it?

I wouldn't play on it, so do whatever you want to it. 

"I'd rather be lucky than good"

Also, I'd like to see crits in matches, Fate should have an important role.

ktj
Lurker

07-26-2008, 04:23 AM

Crrrrrrit pipe bomb and stickies <3
Hw-medic combo is very very very very hard to kill w/o crits.

Of course crits don't belong to matches.