Hello There, Guest! Register

Battlefield 3
CorpseFactor
BRB, Posting

10-25-2011, 01:51 AM

(10-25-2011, 12:56 AM)Maxon link Wrote: Well, I am having a nasty problem with the game.  When the game first launched, I was able to play for like 10 minutes, then it gave me a system lockup, full restart.  I looked up things and it seemed that I should turn down my GPU clock speed from 900mhz to 800mhz, which should fix the problem.  It looked to have fixed the problem as I got a good glorious hour in the multiplayer, but it happened once again.  Do I take it lower? Is there a limit to where I should go? I don't know much about overclocking stuff.

Aside from this issue, the game runs AMAZINGLY.  Way better than I expected. Didn't even have to tweak any settings and it looks so damn good.  Fixed and enhanced so much stuff from Beta and it's damn fun to play.  Aside from the system crash, I was coming across very few bugs.  Some game stutter when you deploy for the first time on a new map, but that goes away once it does load up.  Just need to fix this damn lockup issue.
Wasn't exactly expecting the whole web browser thing. Probably shoulda read up more on it, thought it was an ALPHA and BETA thing...Can't make a call at the moment until my lag can resolve itself. I want to adjust my settings, but it seems like I can only do this in-game...via web browser...when it works...

Maxon
BRB, Posting

10-25-2011, 02:19 AM

Battlelog has no issues for me.  What browser you using? I'm running Firefox which I believe was the better choice for running Battlelog back with the Beta.

Managed to get two missions from singleplayer in.  A good mixed bag with the first one settling you in and the second mission putting you as the co-pilot of a jet, targeting fighter jets and then doing ground target attacks with missiles and laser targeting.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2011, 02:20 AM by Maxon.)
Goffin
BRB, Posting

10-25-2011, 06:52 AM

I'll be picking this up tonight with a fresh bag of funyins and a stockade of Gin.

Ball punching for Teh Win!                        
[Image: bruce%20lee%20animated%20gif.gif]    

Incoming!!!
[Image: soelb3.gif]

[Image: b_560x95.png]
backfire
Uninstalling

10-25-2011, 06:53 AM

For those who have it, how much have they changed the squad system? Are able to start a group from battlelog and have that transfer in game with voice chat? Then what about passwords sqauds and making new ones in game.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
Moosendoo
"Keep your shit tight"

10-25-2011, 07:34 AM

(10-25-2011, 06:53 AM)backfire link Wrote: For those who have it, how much have they changed the squad system? Are able to start a group from battlelog and have that transfer in game with voice chat? Then what about passwords sqauds and making new ones in game.
I haven't had a chance to play yet, but here is what it says on the site:

Quote:The Server Browser, Squadding up and VOIP
Moving on to our specific features that really emphasize accessibility here. The Server Browser is just like an in-game serverbrowser. Pick your maps, pick your settings and also pick your server based on your connection (ping) as well as saving your favorite server up on the favorite tab.

Squadding up is also a new feature we are introducing for Battlelog. This specific feature lets you squad up with your teammates down in the COM Center on the bottom right corner. Here you can see what friends are online, what servers they are playing on as well as drag and drop them into "deploy". This means that when you squad up, you will also join a server as a squad.

Voice over IP is also something new to Battlelog. This feature allows you to communicate with your Squad in the COM Center to really emphasize and get that teamwork going.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/new...812911789/

[Image: j6T5hLk.gif]
ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

10-25-2011, 08:10 AM

(10-25-2011, 06:52 AM)Goffin link Wrote: a stockade of Gin.

Hold up now... can we talk more about this concept of a "stockade" of gin?

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here
backfire
Uninstalling

10-25-2011, 09:10 AM

(10-25-2011, 07:34 AM)Moosendoo link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=5422.msg228279#msg228279 date=1319543627]
For those who have it, how much have they changed the squad system? Are able to start a group from battlelog and have that transfer in game with voice chat? Then what about passwords sqauds and making new ones in game.
I haven't had a chance to play yet, but here is what it says on the site:

Quote:The Server Browser, Squadding up and VOIP
Moving on to our specific features that really emphasize accessibility here. The Server Browser is just like an in-game serverbrowser. Pick your maps, pick your settings and also pick your server based on your connection (ping) as well as saving your favorite server up on the favorite tab.

Squadding up is also a new feature we are introducing for Battlelog. This specific feature lets you squad up with your teammates down in the COM Center on the bottom right corner. Here you can see what friends are online, what servers they are playing on as well as drag and drop them into "deploy". This means that when you squad up, you will also join a server as a squad.

Voice over IP is also something new to Battlelog. This feature allows you to communicate with your Squad in the COM Center to really emphasize and get that teamwork going.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/new...812911789/
[/quote]

Okay, that could be pretty cool then. Still on edge of whether or not I'll pick this up thursday.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

10-25-2011, 01:33 PM

ok this game owns

i played through sp on yesterday, which took maybe 6 hours, but was good for an fps sp. i've been playing nothing but engineer on mp. got mvp with 4100 points on a 64-man server earlier today Smile

CorpseFactor
BRB, Posting

10-25-2011, 01:56 PM

I have Firefox too mate, it's just not working out for me as well as I'd like it to.

Edit: It appears that I am not alone though. It just seems kind of a lazy/complicated way out if that makes sense. I didn't mind it for the Alpha or Beta, but I didn't think that this would be the final representation for the game

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2011, 01:58 PM by CorpseFactor.)
Maxon
BRB, Posting

10-25-2011, 01:58 PM

Weird.  Anyways, I heard that the hard crash might be something related to audio drivers and sound cards and such, so I disabled my audio driver from control panel and was able to get in some glorious rounds.  Played for at least an hour, going 4 to 5 rounds.  No sounds suck, but it does seem to be working. I read that others bought an extra sound card, I'm guessing external maybe, which I'm considering trying.

Man I love this game when it works lol

CorpseFactor
BRB, Posting

10-25-2011, 02:17 PM

(10-25-2011, 01:58 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Weird.  Anyways, I heard that the hard crash might be something related to audio drivers and sound cards and such, so I disabled my audio driver from control panel and was able to get in some glorious rounds.  Played for at least an hour, going 4 to 5 rounds.  No sounds suck, but it does seem to be working. I read that others bought an extra sound card, I'm guessing external maybe, which I'm considering trying.

Man I love this game when it works lol
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, when it works, It's reeeeeeeeealy fun. But these problems are kinda irking me. Gonna try running it through Google Chrome for a test run. My firefox plugins may be fucking it up.

zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

10-25-2011, 02:24 PM

(10-25-2011, 01:33 PM)versus link Wrote: ok this game owns

i played through sp on yesterday, which took maybe 6 hours, but was good for an fps sp. i've been playing nothing but engineer on mp. got mvp with 4100 points on a 64-man server earlier today Smile
never thought i would hear this from versus.

take this as a sign you should get this game if you haven't decided upon it already

also, i'm installing right now, add me in battlelog or origy

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Versus

10-25-2011, 03:02 PM

metro rush is literally the worst thing possible, why did they make that the beta map

also i got it for $50 on amazon

15:38 - versus: i feel like i'm playing mw2 with a russian host but other than that it owns
15:38 - Daevaflaev: lol
15:38 - Daevaflaev: rubberbanding is fucking outstanding
15:39 - Daevaflaev: I thought it was just me then someone else saidsomething
15:39 - versus: except instead of p2p russian hosting this is an nfo dallas server

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2011, 03:40 PM by Versus.)
Goffin
BRB, Posting

10-25-2011, 03:50 PM

Im sure this a mute point by now but i just put in the first disc and now I'm downloading the game.....................................lol

Ball punching for Teh Win!                        
[Image: bruce%20lee%20animated%20gif.gif]    

Incoming!!!
[Image: soelb3.gif]

[Image: b_560x95.png]
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

10-25-2011, 04:49 PM

(10-25-2011, 03:50 PM)Goffin link Wrote: Im sure this a mute point by now but i just put in the first disc and now I'm downloading the game.....................................lol
it's downloading it from the cd

notice the "download" speed 5 times faster than my internet connection.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Versus

10-25-2011, 06:42 PM

TAKING EVASIVE ACTION *flies self and co-op partner into river*

Maxon
BRB, Posting

10-25-2011, 07:06 PM

Flying in this game is great, choppers of course flying like Bad Company 2, but it's really hard to play without sound when doing so.  Can't tell where your getting hit from, when your locked other than it blinking, fun, but a challenge lol

Versus

10-25-2011, 08:36 PM

got two triple kills in a row with rpg-7

good game

Greatbacon
The Most Delicious of All Meats

10-25-2011, 08:56 PM

(10-25-2011, 08:36 PM)versus link Wrote: got two triple kills in a row with rpg-7

good game
Hot Rockets.
[Image: 5203-suit.jpg]
KorJax
BRB, Posting

10-25-2011, 09:33 PM

Guys we should squad up and some shit
Add me:

KorJax

Should we get a BRB.U platoon?

Overall I'm enjoying it. Not played MP yet, spent a couple hours in SP and sweet jesus it looks good and sounds good with my new headset+sound card. The SP campaign gameplay wise feels more like a techdemo in the sense that its mostly a shooting gallery with an okay plot but it fun to play in so there's that. Can't complain for only $32 Wink

[Image: a731e9e08c48b218b111e3275e851e8e.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2011, 09:49 PM by KorJax.)