Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Would you like to see a Brbu podcast?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
56.00%
14 56.00%
No
44.00%
11 44.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Brbucast
Neonie

07-20-2008, 12:22 AM

Well as the sites still growing, I expect nothing "OMG TACULAR" right now. It was something I just intended for fun and whereas weekly would be nice that just might not work on a lot of peoples schedules. I know a lot of people (me included) have been quite busy lately. I for one think we should at least give one a shot and see how it turns out.

As for content, like I said, I'm content with them just blabbing on about nothing at this point  Tongue. But I'm sure we can work out content details later. I'm willing to help in anyway possible to make it happen as well, if that means being on it (though the idea of such a thing kind of scares me), coming up with topics or whatever I CAN do to help I WILL.

But I don't think it's something that shouldn't at least be given a shot to see people's reactions.  8)
Fail Medic
Actually made of WIN

07-20-2008, 12:24 AM

Podcast's already off to a shaky start if people are going to start hauling out the seniority penii.  Just get the format and content organized first o_O then decide who's gonna be the personalities.

If you need some odd offhand bit of manpower, I offer halp.

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

07-20-2008, 12:24 AM

Sorry but I really don't see a point to it, theres no audience.

If you want to do one feel free to organize it, but I really don't the time to play host to everything we do, seeing is how mongoose is moving and not online, and Vandamn got absorbed into LoToR Online, Ive had to host fucking everything. I can only keep this stuff up for so long Sad

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

07-20-2008, 12:27 AM

(07-20-2008, 12:24 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: Sorry but I really don't see a point to it, theres no audience.

If you want to do one feel free to organize it, but I really don't the time to play host to everything we do, seeing is how mongoose is moving and not online, and Vandamn got absorbed into LoToR Online, Ive had to host fucking everything. I can only keep this stuff up for so long Sad
*stares in a disturbing way at Caff*
A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

07-20-2008, 12:38 AM

meh.

Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

07-20-2008, 12:47 AM

(07-19-2008, 11:08 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: [quote author=Tragic Hero link=topic=894.msg23060#msg23060 date=1216525446]
I call a co-host.  Granted I haven't been active in the community too much but I have tons of PC gaming experience and I am one of the oldest members (behind Kor, Ain, and someone else I believe).  I think I am one of the one who deserves to be on a cast.

Oh heeeeelll no.  We measure from way back in the days of the Destructoid Steam group.  I think that would make Me and Caff the originals.
[/quote]

Just because you were around desturctoid to talk about games like Cvi4 doesn't mean you have seniority over me.  I've experienced the best of the DOS and of the present PC games.  I've seen some of the members playing Deus Ex for the first time in a while and "come on" I beat that game and all the Kings Quest, Maniac mansions, and all the other PC classics before most of you knew what a GPU was.  I have seniority.
Sarin
Lurker

07-20-2008, 12:52 AM

(07-20-2008, 12:47 AM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: [quote author=Eschatos link=topic=894.msg23070#msg23070 date=1216526906]
[quote author=Tragic Hero link=topic=894.msg23060#msg23060 date=1216525446]
I call a co-host.  Granted I haven't been active in the community too much but I have tons of PC gaming experience and I am one of the oldest members (behind Kor, Ain, and someone else I believe).  I think I am one of the one who deserves to be on a cast.

Oh heeeeelll no.  We measure from way back in the days of the Destructoid Steam group.  I think that would make Me and Caff the originals.
[/quote]

Just because you were around desturctoid to talk about games like Cvi4 doesn't mean you have seniority over me.  I've experienced the best of the DOS and of the present PC games.  I've seen some of the members playing Deus Ex for the first time in a while and "come on" I beat that game and all the Kings Quest, Maniac mansions, and all the other PC classics before most of you knew what a GPU was.  I have seniority.
[/quote]

Yeah, well, I have a really cool bike, and it's red, and red's the bestest colour cause it's the fastest, everyone knows that, unless you're stupid, like you are, cause you're stupid, and my mum says I'm really handsome and she'd know way better than you cause she's a girl, so yeah!

[Image: statsci4.jpg]
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

07-20-2008, 02:46 AM

Right with Caff on this one. There isn't an audience for this yet. We'd have to open up the site to things other than forums if we were to do this. We're a fast growing community, but we aren't there quite yet.

Tragic Hero

07-20-2008, 03:09 AM

There is an audience for this though.  I know I have had plenty of convos with caf and others about the shitty situation with Fallout 3 and the state of PC games.  I know there is an audience waiting to hear about those who are for the PC gaming community, those who know the platform is alive and that it is 10x more powerful than any home console.  They just don't know they are a part of it since they are getting console news jammed down their throat.

And no surf I am not talking about you.  You definitely have the journalism qualities to make yourself a good host (I always read your stuff and it is great) but I grew up with the PC gaming through its whole lifespan.  Maniac Mansion on the PC, Space Quest, Kings Quest, Doom games, X-com, Civilization, doom sequels, and assorted shareware games. 

So I know some people have the degrees and what not to type it out better but I can actually talk about most and every major PC game to come out from Commander Keen to Bioshock. 
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

07-20-2008, 03:29 AM

(07-20-2008, 03:09 AM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: There is an audience for this though.  I know I have had plenty of convos with caf and others about the shitty situation with Fallout 3 and the state of PC games.  I know there is an audience waiting to hear about those who are for the PC gaming community, those who know the platform is alive and that it is 10x more powerful than any home console.  They just don't know they are a part of it since they are getting console news jammed down their throat.
And no surf I am not talking about you.  You definitely have the journalism qualities to make yourself a good host (I always read your stuff and it is great) but I grew up with the PC gaming through its whole lifespan.  Maniac Mansion on the PC, Space Quest, Kings Quest, Doom games, X-com, Civilization, doom sequels, and assorted shareware games. 
So I know some people have the degrees and what not to type it out better but I can actually talk about most and every major PC game to come out from Commander Keen to Bioshock. 

Go for it then. We have a lot of very smart people here with different talents. I'd love to see what people could cook up.

ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

07-20-2008, 03:40 AM

I'd love a podcast but tbh, we should get a site up first. We have nowhere to host it and a site would be the best start...

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

07-20-2008, 03:59 AM

(07-20-2008, 12:24 AM)Fail (Medic) link Wrote: Podcast's already off to a shaky start if people are going to start hauling out the seniority penii

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Budr

07-20-2008, 06:48 AM

(07-20-2008, 12:47 AM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: Just because you were around desturctoid to talk about games like Cvi4 doesn't mean you have seniority over me.  I've experienced the best of the DOS and of the present PC games.  I've seen some of the members playing Deus Ex for the first time in a while and "come on" I beat that game and all the Kings Quest, Maniac mansions, and all the other PC classics before most of you knew what a GPU was.  I have seniority.

I got first post in this thread. I have seniority.

I would support you being a part of this whole deal regardless but you're sounding like an arse. Seriously, I would consider your argument as arbitrary as mine. There are younglings on here with just as much love for the medium as anyone else. Sure, you might have an encyclopaedic knowledge of everything computing gaming related thanks to your long history but there are other factors to bear in mind.
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

07-20-2008, 06:57 AM

Fuck yeah, count me in, screw budr hes to cliche english.

Budr

07-20-2008, 07:10 AM

(07-20-2008, 06:57 AM)Dave link Wrote: Fuck yeah, count me in, screw budr he's too cliché english.

Don't worry, Dave. I've got your back.
fyre
BRB, Posting

07-20-2008, 08:04 AM

(07-19-2008, 09:51 PM)Wedge link Wrote: If you want a PC centric podcast, look up the Games for Windows podcast, the guys on it are pretty awesome.

(07-20-2008, 03:59 AM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: [quote author=Fail (Medic) link=topic=894.msg23092#msg23092 date=1216531445]
Podcast's already off to a shaky start if people are going to start hauling out the seniority penii
[/quote]
Neonie

07-20-2008, 08:47 AM

I don't want a PC centric podcast. I was throwing that idea out there to make it sound more appealing for more people. I want a brbu podcast becuase "guys who are pretty awsome" are still NOT "The brbu crew".
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

07-20-2008, 10:33 AM

first off this is getting off to a bad start. I created and ran a newsletter for one of the biggest clubs at UF. It was a pain but it was a lot of fun.

Anyways I'm going to get over my usual modesty and just tell you how it should be done. We get 1 host. We decide on a main topic. Then we plan recurring segments. Then we open everything up to the community. They will submit stuff they want to talk about someone like me will talk with them about it to make it more punchy if needed. Then we have a revolving line up of regulars to cohost.

I'll go into more detail I'm typing this on my phone.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Tragic Hero

07-20-2008, 11:29 AM

(07-20-2008, 06:48 AM)Budr link Wrote: [quote author=Tragic Hero link=topic=894.msg23106#msg23106 date=1216532820]

I got first post in this thread. I have seniority.

I would support you being a part of this whole deal regardless but you're sounding like an arse. Seriously, I would consider your argument as arbitrary as mine. There are younglings on here with just as much love for the medium as anyone else. Sure, you might have an encyclopaedic knowledge of everything computing gaming related thanks to your long history but there are other factors to bear in mind.
[/quote]

Yeah sorry about that.  I was drunk last night and thats not a good time to go about convincing people about things.  I see how I came off sounding like an "arse" and that wasn't my intention.  It's just something I would really be into doing, I just went about the wrong way trying to convince people.  My apologies...
rumsfald

07-20-2008, 11:37 AM

(07-20-2008, 10:33 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: Anyways I'm going to get over my usual modesty and just tell you how it should be done. We get 1 host. Nobody puts baby in a corner.