Hello There, Guest! Register

Serious Business: Semi-Casual Amalgamation of Semi-Competitive Players.
Thread Closed 
Geoff
Real World Azn

05-07-2008, 06:08 PM

I forgot to mention, I used to do a lot of competitive Halo 3 play, but realized everyone who does are douchebags.  Now I just run around and hide. :3

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
Black Aspen
BRB, Posting

05-07-2008, 06:43 PM

Experience:
Not much in terms of legit competition.  Scrimages in DoD is all, really.

Classes (Ranked best to worst):

Pyro (*****)
Engie (*****)
Heavy (****)
Medic (***)
Soldier (***)
Scout (***)
Demo (**)
Spy (**)
Sniper (*)

Availability: With notice, everything but Sunday night should be good for me for the time being.  Generally, during the week is better than weekends.
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

05-07-2008, 07:48 PM

Copy pasta for lazy justice!

Prior Experience:
I totally played in this tournament for Dark Horizons: Lore and got second place. 
So what if I coded half the tournament code and was one of twenty players?
Oh and I like, won a Tony Hawk 1 tournament at Game Crazy a decade ago.
Also top tier guild wars on a private RO server, lololololol.

Best: Medic (I don't play it seriously most of the time now though)
Streaky: Sniper, Demo (Tends to be very map dependent)
Solid: Soldier, Engy, Heavy
Bad: Spy, Pyro, Scout (Not sure how much I suck at Pyro and Scout really, just don't play them anymore)

Availability: Anytime all the time.  After 5 PST weekdays.

Oh, and don't worry, I WILL use my mike for mor cereal team play stuffs.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2008, 10:31 PM by Wedge.)
Luca Shoal
Some king of fox thing

05-07-2008, 07:52 PM

Experience - NONE! Other than Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and the HL-2 series. I've been on TF2 since the beta at least.

Classes -
Best: Pyro, Soldier, Engi
Competent to Good - Demo, Medic, Scout
Average - Heavy, Spy
Will Not Play - Sniper (Far FAR better snipers than me. I play Sniper maybe 10 minutes in a given week, if that.)

Availability - Anytime I'm not at work or school, so 4PM-1AM EST Mon - Weds
8PM - 1AM EST
to give a rough estimate.

And with strange aeons, even Death may lay down in the street and die.

ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

05-07-2008, 08:11 PM

Well, I've got loads of multiplayer experience, stretching back to DOOM and the original Quake TF, but never any organized competition. 

Classes:

Best: Soldier, Engi, Medic
OK: Heavy, Demo, (getting better at) Pyro
Minimal Play: Sniper, Spy
Terrible At: Scout

Availability: My availability is pretty spotty right now between work and my upcoming wedding, but come June, things should settle down.

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

05-07-2008, 08:13 PM

Classes:
Best - Pyro, Demo, Scout
Good - Soldier, Medic
OK - Heavy, Engy
Working on - Spy, Sniper

Available pretty much every week day from 7 PM EST onwards. Weekends vary, but usually Saturday morning and Sunday evening.

No clan experience except this one time with the pwnys when we lost really bad, it was cool.  ;D

Kor
Crits = Skill

05-08-2008, 09:23 AM

I'm thrilled to see so much interest here, its going to be an intriguing tryout phase to be sure. With that said I'll need some time to properly layout some guidelines on the tryout process, but I need to clarify that regardless of the outcomes of tryouts, you will all see match time against [TC]. The only reason for tryouts at all is to establish who will go up in the final match to beat [TC] to a pulp.

**Additional Notes**

@Versus: I need to talk with you or anyone willing to fully represent [TC] in this friendly and talk about maps, round limits, and the rest of the fun shit.

@Everyone else: If I have placed a "*Requires clarification" by anything I listed in the second post of this thread, please make a new post and fill in the blank for me.

@The lurkers: Feel free to sign up if you're interested in even just participating  in the friendly aspect of this. Better to be apart of it regardless of the outcome, then read about the aftermath.

**End Notes**

@Rummy: I'd hope that everyone can participate even in this singular event, beyond that will be up to those involved. Leaders are but humble followers, trusted by their peers.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2008, 09:25 AM by Kor.)
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

05-08-2008, 09:45 AM

Yeah, you should probably talk to GHost. If you can't get a hold of him, I guess I can represent Team Cheesus.

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

05-08-2008, 10:21 AM

So kor for works it'll be everything else.

I've been trying to put in time developing specific skills on classes I'm not as good at, so I'm mostly a pretty balanced player as far as all the classes.  I did some good as a sniper playing goldrush the other day as you were witness too.

I can play spy and accomplish certain objectives, but as far as overall effectiveness I tend to do really good at times and other times get too twitchy and blow my cover.  It's really the disguise thing that holds me up.  I'm a very effective cloaker but when I am in a crowd of people I get nervous and tend to jump the gun and start trying to stab or shoot people early because I think they are on to me.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Greatbacon
The Most Delicious of All Meats

05-08-2008, 11:01 AM

22/5 is when school actually gets out, but it'll be the last week of school, not like I'm doing anything then.  Also, I'll be disappearing from the intertubes from Jun 3-11 for a little vacation down in Florida.  Other than that, i should be good for the summer.
cannedpeahes
Fan of Vampire Romance literature

05-08-2008, 12:39 PM

Pro: Heavy
Works: Spy, Medic, Sniper
Scrubs: Else

Availability: Weeknights after eight and until eleven-thirty. Friday and Saturday night from 9 'til 2. Not available Sunday.

I'd actually like to have a semi-serious thing going on.
Budr

05-08-2008, 12:44 PM

I'm in the same boat as ainmosni ping- and timezone-wise but fuck it:

I'd like to think I'm fairly proficient at: Soldier, Medic (purely defensive), Spy

I can play an almost decent: Scout, Pyro, Engi

My team will lose if I play: Demo, Heavy, Sniper

Work pretty much restricts me to pre-midnight GMT playtimes on weeknights, any time weekends.
Chooly
BRB, Posting

05-08-2008, 01:32 PM

Copying Rummys' format because it's organized

Availability: ATM Very open and flexible. Living the EST zone and work mostly during the daytime.

Class Preferences
Best: Demoman, Soldier

Capable substitute:
Engineer
Pyro

Marginal substitute:
Heavy
Medic

Don't Bother Asking Me to Play:
Scout, Spy, Sniper.

Mental toughness: Rock Solid, can't get any better if you aren't driven, right?

Prior competitive XP
High up the ladder of Socom 2, online gaming in general for the longest time... 2nd place at the last LAN party I was at (4v4 Dustbowl)

Preferred level of competitiveness: In the situations where sucess is dependant on communication -- high

Intangible: Sort of a hot-cold player...

[table][tr][td][Image: style5,The-spc-Pwnrgization.png] [/td][td]Chooly: /nevergonnagiveyouup
Eschatos: /nevergonnaletyoudown
[TC] Versus: /nevergonnarunaround
[TC] Versus: /anddesertyou
ToiletDuck: /closeapplication[/td][/tr][/table]
Fail Medic
Actually made of WIN

05-08-2008, 04:19 PM

"Pro" Measurably Competent: Medic, Heavy, Pyro
Works: Demo, Engie, Scout
Scrub: Spy, Sniper, Soldier
Availability: On vacation till May 19th (@ home), then Mon-Thur after 8PM, Fri ok, Sat inconsistent, Sun ok.

Availability:  Mon-Fri after 5PM CDT.  Sat inconsistent.  Sun ok.
Evil Cheese
Sad Keeanu

05-08-2008, 07:18 PM

I think I'll pass. Competitive gaming just isn't my thing. Thanks for the offer though.
rumsfald

05-08-2008, 07:28 PM

(05-08-2008, 09:23 AM)Kor link Wrote: @Everyone else: If I have placed a "*Requires clarification" by anything I listed in the second post of this thread, please make a new post and fill in the blank for me.

Umm, you forgot to add yourself to the second post, big-guy.

I'll save you the typing so you can just copy-pasta.
Kor
Pro: stitute
Works: the Pole
Scrub: s floors for extra C$20
Availability: Within an hour of calling or the second one is free.
Geoff
Real World Azn

05-08-2008, 09:45 PM

Kor, to add, I'll be mostly free on weekends too (No school Big Grin), and might be able to play during the week if you ask in advance

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
DrkAdonis
N00b

05-09-2008, 11:21 AM

After a few rounds the last couple of days, I need to adjust my abilities.

Turns out I'm okay with a Scout, so we can add that to my list of non-suck jobs. ^^

[Image: DrkAdonis.png]
Luca Shoal
Some king of fox thing

05-09-2008, 01:55 PM

Hmmm, you can add Demo to the "Pro" list at the end. And Heavy at the end of Works. I'm still awful as a Sniper and Spy tho, except in rare instances.

And with strange aeons, even Death may lay down in the street and die.

Kor
Crits = Skill

05-10-2008, 01:55 PM

Updated to this point. Added my own prodigious skill list as well, thanks Rummy.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
Thread Closed